Martin Brundle's Supercars | FerrariChat

Martin Brundle's Supercars

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by kizdan, Feb 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I just bought a copy of "Martin Brundle's Supercars", which I bought from the HMV UK website. It is one of the coolest productions I've seen. I mean, how often do you get to see a Formula 1 driver thrashing around in road cars.

Cars that he drives;
    Ferrari F40
    Ferrari Enzo
    Bugatti EB110
    Jaguar XJ220
    Pagani Zonda
    Lamborghini Diablo
    Lamborghini Murcielago
    Konigsegg
    McLaren F1
    TVR

In the end, he chose the McLaren as the overall winner, with the Enzo placing second. He did have the F40 in the top 5, not bad for a car built over 10 years ago.

I highly recommend this DVD. I look forward to the next one he does, which will include a Porsche Carrera GT, Bugatti Veyron, Ford GT, and a Mercedes/McLaren SLR, amongst others.

2. detltu

detltu Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Full Name:
    David Taylor
    I am looking at purchasing this video. I was wondering if you had any trouble finding a DVD player which would play it. I was told there were some formatting issues with the video that would make it difficult to play on US DVD players.
    Just wondering.

3. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i bought that and 3 top gear dvd's when i went to the UK over christmas......now all i need is a region free dvd player :) . I'll prob. get one in the next few weeks.

I saw bits of it at my grandfathers, it appeared as though he didn't really care about it much. Did anyone notice that? it seemed like he was reading off a script right in front of him and hadn't learned the lines, had some good shots of the cars though.

Btw, does anyone know the chassis # of the mclaren in it? :D

4. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    In all honesty, I have not played it on my home DVD player, only on my computer, where it works fine. I will try it at home this weekend and will let you know if it plays okay.

5. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003

I bet, if he had his way, he would rather have a Grand Prix Championship title than all those cars...............

6. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    GT1 is missing too.

7. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    guys, the reason it won't work on your home dvd players is becuase its a different region than standard us dvds. similar to PAL and NTSC

8. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I have this DVD and all I can say is that its great , expect I would have like to see those cars racing eachother.
    Like some of you ...the DVD works on my DVD drive(computer) but doesn't work on the DVD player.

9. detltu

detltu Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Full Name:
    David Taylor
    I will probably order the video at some point as now that i know i will at least be able to play it on my computer. Thats where I play most of them anyway.

10. Klint

Klint Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Isle of Man, British Isles
    Full Name:
    Clint
    The Cars used are cool, the driving is wicked and precise (no sliding like Tiff Needel). But, Mr.Brundle doesn't cut it as a presenter. Something lacks in this production, could one say Spirit?

Tiff manages to slide, make a spectacle out of the cars while talking! That's great if your watching.

I'll like to see Martin learn a little from Tiff and have another chance at making another DVD...i'll be buying it.

11. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I think Brundle's presentation was fine. He surely knows what he is talking about. A Formula 1 driver will not get too excited about any road cars, let's face it.

12. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Where can I buy this or other Top Gear DVD's?

13. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris