Ferrari and Classic show in Toronto? | FerrariChat

Ferrari and Classic show in Toronto?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ClassicFerrari, Feb 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Ferrari and Classic show in Toronto? Unfortunatly NOT! For years I have wondered why our great city with so many exotics, classics and luxury cars cannot have one day out of the entire day dedicated to these cars.

Allow me to paint a picture. Let us take Yorkville in the summertime as an example. Close-off a couple of city blocks for a day or two (Starting at Avenue Rd. accross Cumberland to Belair and up to Yorkville and back across to Avenue Rd.) Have some entertainment such as jazz bands some food, shops exhibits, etc etc. And strategically lay-out fine automobiles all over the roads such as in a concourse! Not just any cars, but exotics such as Ferrari (of course), Lambo and the many classics that I know are hidden away in garages.

This would not only help brighten our city but would help the area, give us enthusiasts a chance to look at the cars we only see in pictures most of the time. With Remo and David openning up Ferrar-Maserati, Rolls Royce on Avenue Road, I think it would help them and other dealers.

Anyways guys, this is just a thought. I am just dreaming out-loud. Maybe one day we can get a few guys to organize this.....who knows. Any f-chatters sit on the Bay-Bloor Association!? ;-)

Vasco.R

2. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    The Briars happens every year outside of Torotno but I would like something downtown too. I nominate you to organize it! :)

3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    i was not impressed with the Briars at all. The show was much too small to have to drive all that way. Nobody from outside the the Ferrari club really new about it,so it seemd like it was just a bunch of expensive car owners getting together of lunch.

I agree we need a real car sow. You want to see a good show? Go to the british car show and swap meet at Bronte park in Oakville. 500 plus cars..and great people to talk too. Real car enthuisists who fix their own cars not just pay the dealer and drive away.

4. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Tom, you're right about the Briars, it is just an excuse to have a nice drive and lunch. Last year I organized a spring lunch in Woodbridge, about 15 people showed up but there was still snow on the ground. What do you think, should we do it again? Maybe a bit later when everyone has their cars out?

5. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I think we need to find a location that is better for everybody. Driving all the way up there is usless unless there will be a good turn out,and if people without Ferrari's know about the show. It's much more fun to be in an acutal show, Like the ones they have in the parking lots at Canadian Tire stores or other malls. This way everybody can come and look and talk to the owners. I would get much more statis faction from that the just sitting around with a bunch of people that own the same car you do. Maybe on the grounds of UoFT or a more noticable location were people driving by could see the cars.

Tom

6. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    There is a Car show at Mapleview mall (in Burlington) every wendsday throughout the summer! They have TONS of cars there, including classics, muscle cars, and a few sports cars. I have seen a couple 308's at these shows, but i must say it is a very good experience!! Most of the owners stand by their cars and talk to people! I just rememberd that there was a Shelby GT500E there last year!! If one is intrested in cars this is DEFINATLY the place to go!!

Lucas Scarfone:)

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Ha I go to that show alot!! You have probbably seen my blacv 308 there a couple of times. I live about 15 minutes away from there,and my gril friend lives just down the street!!. They guy with the gt500 lives in Oakville. But I think we should do somthing like this tyoe of show with the Ferrari's. It's much more fun.

I think it would be funny if all of us in the area decided to show up at that show all at the sametime. I would be great to to see the recation of the people there when 15 f-cars pull up.

Maybe we should do that?
    Tom

8. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    lol...i have actually seen your 308 there!! You guys should organize a "Ferrari Invasion"!I remember one time the whole Viper Club of Ontario was there!! That would be awsome if we could get all the Ferrari guys here to take a drive down one nite!!

Lucas

9. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Hey Tom, hows the winter work going on your car ??

If you guys organize, let me know ..im in.

10. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #10 tbakowsky, Feb 6, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey Bigred.

I got all my hard parts now valves, guides ,seals, rings, main bearings.con rod bearings. I just have to orginize the rest of my geaskets and I can put it all back together. I got one cylinder head back from the machine shop yesterday,so I'm installing the cams now and doing the valve adjustment. Hopefully i'll have the other head back on Monday.

We definatly have to get something together with the Ferrari's other than the Ferrari club thing. We must do an invation of one of those hotrod shows somtime. That would be a BLAST!!!

Tom
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Tom,
    I see you got all the crud out. Looks much nicer than last month. Looks good. Soon as I have sometime, I'll drop by with coffees.

As for the event thing, good idea....but if I gotta sit around talking to people on a sunday in yorkville, id rather blast my 12cyl on the 401....cant wait for spring.

12. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Ha I hear ya dude!! Thats why we need an event thats FUN..none of this "sit around and talk about stocks stuff" I want to be around people who are just as nuts as we are. I think it would be great to be in a crowd of real car nuts, in among the hotrods and muscel cars.

13. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

Agreed... also nominate the guy that started this thread.

14. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Hey thanks dudes. Appreciate the nomination! Can we at least seperate the mopar from the cavallino's ??? If so, we got a deal. ;-)

Vasco.R

15. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Sounds good to me Vasco...let us know, I would appreciate a non F1 race day and one where its sunny.

16. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    I'm in too. I've been to Maple View alot with my previous car. I think it would be really funny to see 10 Ferraris pull into a muscle car show and take over. Unfortunately our cars don't get much respect at these shows. People drool all over 65 Mustangs and assume anything with a Ferrari badge is a kit car.

17. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Exactly, that is why I say it would be great to have a concourse JUST for exotics. I know most of you don't wanna stand around and talk about stocks and stuff and that you would rather be driving them etc.

I just happen to like that classier atmosphere simply because the cars would get the respect they deserve. No need to worry about some guy wanting to race you down the service road OR some guys thinking that your car is a Fiero. After a show and shine such as my example in Yorkville people can always plan a road trip after the show is over or even before. To a restaurant or cafe etc. Hey i live in little italy, I can definetly find a place for you guys to park and have a great espresso!

Vasco.R

18. RacerNika

RacerNika Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    Talk to the Yorkville business development group - or how about somethingin the west end close to me.......they shut the street for a Ukranian feastival - why not one for Ferrari and other exotics?

It would be a great thing for business and for education - it's how I got hooked on cars

Nika