328gts | FerrariChat

328gts

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Rod, Feb 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rod

Rod Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    South Derbyshire
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Hi

Does anyone know of a good 328 gts for sale? Rosso/Tan? It must not be silly for money & have a full history?

I have cash waiting.

Rod (UK)

2. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I had mine up for sale before xmas but changed my mind.
    Its a GTB Black on tan so not really what your after???

But in case you're interested its 1989 18,000kms, full history....with the largest dealership here in switzerland. Perfect nick. New belts + tyres in feb 2003...wanted 57,000 swiss francs...(£26,000)

Good luck in your search otherwise
    Simon

3. ferrarist

ferrarist Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Istanbul / TURKEY
    Full Name:
    I.K.
  4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2003
    Groningen
    Full Name:
    Bob Hagendijk
  5. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    I bought my first and now my second Ferrari here:
    www.mobile.de

GOOD LUCK

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

P.S. and forgot to mention: Sold also my first one over mobile.de

6. Rod

Rod Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    South Derbyshire
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Wow. this is a good site.

I assume that you are german? I only speak English. when I do a search for 328's (in Germany) there are quite a few appear. Can you translate the 4th one down? its for sale at 26 euro's?

Rod

7. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hi Rod,
    don`t know exactly which one to translate. Please send me a link.
    Maybe your are talking from this for € 26.900,-?
    http://www.mobile.de/SID6VHcHK9DyxmpSJTz7ux8GQ-t-vaNexlCsAsK%F3P%F3R~BmSB10LsearchPublicJ1076048707A1LsearchPublicCCarX-t-vctpLtt~BmPA1A1B20B47j-t-vMkMoSm_X_xsO~BSRA6D8600D328%FF%A0C328A2A0A0/cgi-bin/da.pl?top=4&bereich=pkw&id=11111111127907450&

Trans: "Beautiful 328, 3 owners, today already a classic car"
    "Air condition, Leather, electric windows, alloy wheels ( thats all standard!!!!)

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

8. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    Use this link, you will get the ads partially translated into English.

Good luck.

- Julio.

9. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Not selling mine, possibly ever! But I wish you luck & fun driving.

10. Rod

Rod Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    South Derbyshire
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Hi

Your a gentleman... that's the one!!!! have your heard of this garage?
    is it seems a good price to pay for a 328gts?

Rod

11. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Snap! I'm with Hedge!! ;) Would be good to have another left-hooker in town :D Good luck.

Cheers, MARK

12. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    ...and this is where I got mine: http://www.dennigcars.com/

Kim Dennig is a broker who brings buyers & sellers together. The seller pays a commission.

Cheers, MARK

13. Rod

Rod Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    South Derbyshire
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Hi Mark

Thanks for the link I will be checking it out. Out of interest is it a LHD 328 that you own? if so what year is it and how long have you owned the vehicle. Do you find that the power is adequate? and is it reliable? I would only be using such vehicle in the summer months. April-Autum? (weather permitting)!

I have been after a car for some years but nerves have allways got the
    better of me!!!! At 37 yrs old its now are never!!! The knee's will only last so long!!

Your experiences of the car would be much appreciated.

Rod

14. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    I am considering a 12 cylinder Fcar! But I am still deeply in love with my 328. Why can't I have both?

Let me think about it.

Ton

15. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Hi Rod,

I have had me car since September 2002 so I've really only had it for a single summer. It is a left-hand drive and, like you, I have elected to be a fair weather driver. I bought the car from a prvate owner in Germany who I found through Dennig Cars.

With respect to the power, remember it's "only" 270 BHP. This may have been a lot back in 1986 when my car was made, but buy today's standards it's not that powerful. In fact my wife's 2.3 litre Passat with 5-cylinder engine and permanent 4-wheel drive would probably whip it! However, you just cannot compare the drive, responsiveness, power-to-weight ratio and wonderful balance of a hand-made thoroughbred machine. I don't care if a Max Power boy racer or a mass-produced BMW M5 is able to whip me as I know who's having more fun!

I had been lusting for a Ferrari for 41 years when I finally bought my first and, by God, I should have done it earlier. You will notice that everyone on this list will somewhere mention that a car is (or was) their "first Ferrari". That is, once you've taken that first step, you probably won't look back and will always have your eyes open for the next F-car! I have a picture of myself sitting in a new 328 GTS is a showroom in London in 1989...and now I have one. Mission accomplished? No - mission commenced methinks!

Funny you mentioned your knees - I bought my 328 GTS straight after after a knee operation that kept me on my back for two months. The thought of getting a Ferrari kept me going through those two tough months and the recouperation period thereafter. Like Hedge (see comment above) I love my car and am unlikely to sell....but the temptation of a 2nd is always there. A 512TR perhaps? ;-)

There are some shots of me enjoying my car last summer right HERE. I'm the guy in the yellow t-shirt with the broad grin! :D

If you need any advice or assistance in selecting a car, I would be more than happy to help out in the UK, and there's a great bunch of guys in Europe who would be happy to do the same.

Good luck and keep us updated on the list - we're here every day (and a few of our mates, ALL day). ;)

Cheers, MARK

16. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    It's nice to see those pics again Mark!
    That already seems like a long time ago.
    The next set of pictures are of my 328. I have to disagree with you about the power. I also have a BMW 5 and it is hard for this car to keep up with the Ferrari. I also find the car still pretty fast at take-off.
    It is indeed no supercar of this moment but it can still enforce some respect among the modern cars. And it absolutely has the most beautiful classic Ferrari look ever made!

Rod,

There is no such thing as a cheap Ferrari (328). Always approach low priced cars with caution. Take your time to pick the best!

Ton

17. Rod

Rod Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    South Derbyshire
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Mark

That's a stunning looking 328!!! Red & Tan look the business.. I shall hopefully have a car by spring/early summer. Its just a shame that the Euro is so poor!!!

Do you have any contacts in Germany?

Rod

18. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Wolfgang (he of the Wolfarossa above) is THE man in Germany! ;)

Where are you based Rod?

Cheers, MARK

19. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    @Ton,
    @Mark,

wow, sounds soooo good. You (both) are realy on the way to buy a 12 cylinder????
    GO FOR IT!!!!!
    "Why can`t have both"
    I have been thinking long about this - you might remember.
    Money, o.k. one reason but not the biggest.
    Garage space, o.k. another reason but rent a second garage
    The most important reason for me to sell my 308 after I bought the testa was: I can only give ALL my love, drive and pay attention to one Ferrari!!!!!
    I dont want to have a "Harem"! And also in the Harem is a NO.1 woman and the rest never ever get the love and attention like the NO.1. And a 308QV is not a second deal/love....!!!!!

@Rod,
    if you are on the way to buy a Ferrari from a private person or a dealer here in Germany; please feel free to give me a call, mail, pm and its a pleasure for me to help you with the translation or any assistance in buying YOUR NEW TOY!
    But I`m not a garage master, mechanic or something like this! Just a Ferrari lover & driver!!!! For sure I know a great garage master who can also help on your purchase here in Germnay - let me know what I/we can do for you.

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

20. Rod

Rod Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    South Derbyshire
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Thanks..... That was a great help.

Rod

21. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    @Rod,
    Got your mai, thanks.
    I will drop you an email with my phone-number.
    Lets talk deateiled over phone and I will call the dealer for you and asking all the questions for you.
    Just a bit too buisy in my store; lets doo it around 01:30p.m.

CUL later

Wolfgang

22. Rod

Rod Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    South Derbyshire
    Full Name:
    Rod
    That would be great..

Thanks

23. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Hi Ton,

I certainly agree about the looks!! And, yes, it's no modern supercar as technology has moved on in almost 20 years!

Still love it though! :D

Cheers, MARK

24. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    How much longer do you have to wait Mark? I can understand the itchy, unpleasant feeling when you don't have acces to your beautiful machine.

I hope that yo are reunited with your 328 soon!

:)

Ton

btw: you still owe me a beer! :)

25. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Only one Ton??? No - MANY beers or a few bottles of good vino rosso methinks! :D Switzerland!

It's been a long wait but I should get my car back at the end of April. Storage was essential as I had no place to park it. However, yesterday the deal went through on the house we want, and we will move in at the beginning of May. I have bought two parking spaces, and they will hopefully be ready at the same time (i.e. everything is stil under construction).

I am certainly looking forward to the spring and summer :D

Cheers, MARK