Cayenne S or TT? | FerrariChat

Cayenne S or TT?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Carnut, Feb 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I was going to buy the new X5 4.8 but I have changed my mind and now have my sights set on the CayenneS or the TT. I was hoping to get some feedback from owners of either. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    My wife has a TT. She bought it in Aug. It now has 16K miles. Mud, Snow, (You MUST mount Snow tires). Oil change at 20K miles. ( I had it changed earlier) Engine service at 100K. TT is fantastic. On the highway lower down and cruise. Off road raise up. NAV great. VERY FAST. Takes a ton of cargo. NO problems.

3. wfo900

wfo900 Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2003
    Annapolis
    Full Name:
    Rich C
    I have an S which I bought when they first came out. I've had several 911s so the dealer knew who the short list of suckers were! I absolutely love the car. Zero problems. Really big fun on back roads! Great engine noises. Best stereo of any car I have ever owned. I agree that you must mount snows or A/T tires because the summer hi-po tires are quite slippery in the winter. With the Porsche recommended Pirelli A/T tires it is incredible in snow, probably better than the LX 470 I traded in to get this. We took it to Montreal for the Grand Prix (from DC) and it was a wonderful ride and 19 mpg. I have nothing but positive things to say about the car.

4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I reccomend fabspeed bypass pipes.

There is already a performance chip for the Turbo and an S one is in development.

If you get the S, make sure you get Air Suspension.

5. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    buy it used.

6. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Watch the Top Gear review on racingflix.com.

Jeremy thought the TT was an out of this world performer ..but decided to walk home after the shoot becuse it was so ugly he didn't want to be seen in it. :)

Luke.

7. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I drove the TT on an extended test drive last week: WOW!! That thing is a killer. Having said that, at my age I have a hard time justifying that price for a daily driver, so if I do get a Cayenne it will most likely be the S. I am going to test drive the X5 next week.

8. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Saw that to it was so funny he just dumped it and walked off,
    Dale.

9. 1. Jeremy Clarkson is a wanker.

2. The only SUVs a man should ever drive are: Hummer H1, the Lamborghini LM002, and the Porsche Cayenne Turbo. Not the S, the Turbo.

All other SUVs are for women only.

10. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. I just came back from the Porsche dealer, I drove the S first and I must say I liked it better than the X5 the one drove was loaded (I asked for that) 20" air suspension, and it was quite a change from my 03 LX470. I probably should stopped right there and said make me a deal, but I had to drive the TT, and that was it, what a machine. I still am not crazy about the way it looks but it was amazing to drive, I was going 75 on backroads and it held tight, my Lexus would be wrapped around a tree if I tried that. They have a demo unit that I am going to be able to buy next month, so I told them I'll take it.

11. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    I thought that the S underperformed a bit compared to an X5 (even more so to the new 4.8 is) and walked away disappointed. Then the dealer called me back to try the Turbo. Wow, that was something else. I bought the car at the spot. This is almost one year ago, and I have still no regrets. Fantastic car.

Rijk