PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN F***ING RESPECT | FerrariChat

PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN F***ING RESPECT

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Auraraptor, Feb 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Yesterday I managed to get parking in a garage nearby to where I am staying in Baltimore. I was really happy, it was much closer by and cheaper then how much I was paying before. So last night I happy parked inside, kinda in the corner away for everyone else and came back to my room.

Today I went to the truck so I could go get some lunch somewhere and low and behold, someone took an ice-pick type thing and jabbed a hole into my hood about a cm in diameter. Its right in the middle too and I can see it as I sit in the driver seat. As if that wasnt enough, some moron also apparently backed into me, hitting my grill hard and missaligning my parking sensors so my PDC isnt working and just gives an annoying BEEEEEEEEP everytime the truck is put in reverse.

This kinda **** pisses me off greatly. I try to be nice to my fellow man. I try to always help out. So I happen to drive a freaking rangerover, WTF?! Its not my choice that it snows like hell now in the winter and I NEED to still be able to get around.

Damn it I can't wait till I can move south.

Sorry guys just venting.

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Sorry as all-get-out that happened to you. Won't be a bad day, but a sad day, when onboard camera Security Systems are prevalent.

Oh, before you move - can you stick an icepick in my ex-wife's hood? If it happens to miss the hood and go into her brain, I'll forgive you.

3. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    WAIT ON LINE, THOMAS...MY EX-WIFE IS FIRST..........

4. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    We used to have a nightclub in town called the ice pic......is that somethin?

5. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I feel your pain... Now that I can stand to be without it due to the accident and damage to the front end, the car is in the shop to become cosmetically perfect again.

My "present" someone left for me a couple weeks after I moved to San Diego. I never despised a city so much before, and its more than just the traffic and the drivers. Its the people, the layout, the hype, ad nauseaum.

Tomorrow is a better day! Move out to CA and you can join us on the frequent drives and get togethers :D :D

Sunny

6. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thats horrible. I wouldnt be surprised if the person that stabbed your hood was the same guy that backed into your vehicle. You should contact the owner of the garage and find out if they have security cameras and/or what there policy is for there responsibility of your car (if they even have one)

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    My ex, I mean, my ex's hood, yeah, that's it... is closer to his current location. Much, much closer.

8. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I feel your pain. Who attacks a parked car with an ice pick? Chalk up Reason Not to Move to Baltimore #28. I've heard it's crappity there (although I've heard VA is nice).

For me it's a joy every time I wash my car to find out which one of my neighbors has bumped my car while parallel parking. The latest was scrapes of red paint on my side mirror (a mirror-to-mirror hit, apparently). I suspect my neighbor with the red Golf.

9. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    geeze you guys up north have it rough...... snow, cold, high cost of living. here we drive our trucks OVER the little cars, or just fire small ,concentrated bursts from the dual UZI'S into them. at least the bubba rednecks are more or less polite! if the space was not reserved i wonder why they got so mad??? not that what they did would be ok even if it was reserved. jokes aside ( i was joking ya know) i dont see how you guys remain so calm with so much junk to deal with!

10. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    What makes you think the south is any better??

Hope you have a low deductible on your insurance to pay for the damage..

11. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    If I was south, I would have never bought the truck. Not to say I dont like it, I would not need it. I would be driving around (IMO wonderful) what most dont think 2x of 82 633CSi. So this prob would have never happened....

12. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    The south is better in the winter, but in Texas, the summer is way too hot for humans.

Ive never had my car keyed, but just last week some yahoo did back his bubba-truck into my PARKED car, in front of the family buisness, in the same parking space it ALWAYS is in. Fortunatley he had insurance, which most rednecks down here lack. He left a good foot-squared dent in the rear-left quarter panel, and might have cracked the gas tank :mad:

O well.

13. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Speaking of BMW's I drive one here in Southern VA, and I have had various bodywork damage from various a$$holes.. one door I have, which was hit with such force in a parking lot, that dent wizard told me not to bother and recommended I take it to a bodyshop to completely redo.... Ironically, I'm from NYC and this has never happened in the 12+ years I drove here.. If I had the economic means to afford an F-car, I wouldn't even bother down here.. The quality of the roads are so bad, I have already replaced a headlight and foglight from stonechips that broke living only one year down here..

Hope your insurance covers it, and sorry about your experience..

14. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    Come on down to the South. The weather is fine.

15. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I keep my car behind 2 garage doors, video and then access to the 2nd floor lot. One of fourteen people with that access makes it easy to find out who did what and when. On;y 45 bucks a month too. I doubt I will find that level of security when I move next year. :(

16. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Oh. I did forget to mention I was driving my mother in her 89 Caddy the last week and a 19yr old ran a stop sign and hit the front fender... doesn't look too bad but the car's totaled because of some $$ frame damage. He tried to deny it at first - thank heavens for a kind witness lady who pulled over and said he did it, and left her name and number.

17. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    Just go to that wreckedexotics.com site and keep telling yourself "It could be worse."
    This is a pic of my Prelude after I just got done eating. No note, nothing.

18. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Thats HORRIBLE!! I used to have a prelude too not to long ago, fun little car, loved it like crazy. I used to have 2 12in in the truck. Not much truck space left after that...no acutally no truck space at all, but damn I could feel the hairs on my face tingling when the lows were cranked up.

I loved the handling of those cars. You can do a U turn in no time flat in that with near perfect control. Damn good car. Only the brakes were never up to my liking, so I got a set of NSX brakes (straight bolt on) to fix that :) I still have the brakes in my garage somewhere though my prelude is long gone.

19. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    That sucks. Sorry to hear about this. People make me really sad how they treat one another. :(

20. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yea, people are *******s. But I just continue to wish all these punks death, and a horrible slow death at that. My freshman year of college I came out to my truck to find a used condom splattered on my windshield. I was so livid I could have killed someone. **** the thugs and jealous people. They can all go to hell.

21. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Texas355F1. You weren't the only one to have received that present.(Used Condom) One morning,about 20 years ago. I had my first Corvette.(of 7) It was a '75 Coupe. Red/Tan. 383/4speed. It had a big ass Twin Turbo Hood,and side pipes. Well,I left it parked on the street the night before. As I got closer to the car,I noticed something hanging from one of the Side Pipe hangers. Then,when I got up to the car,saw that it was a used condom hanging. Well,I didn't go out drinking the night before,or was with any Girls,so I knew it wasn't something that maybe I might have forgotten about. Got a big LOOOOOONG stick,and got it off. STRAIGHT over to the Do it Yourself CarWash booth for a diss-infecting.