What's a 456 worth? | FerrariChat

What's a 456 worth?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Tomf-1, Feb 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Guys,

I've been giving some prelim consideration to adding a 456 to the collection. This will be for the Mrs....so she can share in the F-ownership experience w/ my 512TR yet enjoy the practicality of hauling our 2 kids around.

What's the market for say a 98 manual F-456 with less than 15,000miles, serviced and no story? Also, what is the cost sprd b/w a manual vs. automatic?

2. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    I've done some looking around for 456's before...

A 95 will run about $70-75k
    A 97 will run about $75-80k
    A 98 should be about $80-90k

Anything newer than that breaks the $100k range. Of course you can get cheaper ones as well, but the prices I mentioned above usually reflect a well-kept car with service. (these are just estimates)

Good luck,
    Byron

3. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Thank you very much, Byron--

Just wondering if you ever did get one. Do you know the cost diff. b/w manual vs. auto? I heard some horrible story about the replacement cost and availability (or lack thereof) of the auto box if one goes bad. I am less than distinct at this particular model since this is a relatively new developed interest.

4. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Tom,
    Still shopping. I'm not sure about the price difference.. but I did hear some awful number of $52k or something like that to replace a broken tranny... but those can be fixed (I think!). I would stick to the 6-spds. The car is already on the "gentleman's" side... why get an auto to ruin the entire experience? :) Just my .02.

Byron