How did you originally find out about FerrariChat.com? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How did you originally find out about FerrariChat.com?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Nov 10, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

How did you originally find out about FerrariChat.com?

1. Forza Ad

2. Cavallino Ad

3. Link from other site (FCA or others)

4. Word of mouth

5. Other (If so, please post in the thread where)

6. Previous ExpensiveCar.com member

7. Search Engine

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    I found this site from your ad in Forza.

Rob,

I noticed a lot of people got to the site through search engines... most notable is Google. Have you ever tried tweaking the site to get a higher rank on Google? Also, if you type Ferrari in Google, you'll notice that there's only like 2 featured sites - making the site featured on Google (the little side ad and the one on top) could bring a lot more traffic. PM me if you want any tips on ranking higher in Google.

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Ferrarichat.com is #13 on the Google Directory in the Category:
    Sports > Motorsports > Auto Racing > Formula One > Teams > Ferrari

http://directory.google.com/Top/Recreation/Autos/Makes_and_Models/Ferrari/?il=1

Tagline reads:
    A site for owners to post messages online and receive feedback from other owners.

IMHO, tagline needs to be updated to reflect it's status as the #1 Forum, amongst other possible relevant blurbs. The more relevant, the higher it will go on the Google Directory. The higher it goes on the Google Directory, the higher the positive effect on Ferrarichat's current advertisers rate of return, as, of course, the potential of increased membership to click advertiser's links is uh, increased - as well as number of advertisers!

Yosemite Sam/"Aaaaah'mmm Rich!"/Yosemite Sam

Ferrari UK is #10 - I've heard of them... ;)

3. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I think I first saw it on the side of your car at the track back at the FCA National Meet in Dallas in 01.

4. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    I think I saw an ad in Jan/Feb 2001 Forza (or maybe in an article???). Like many others, I just watched everyone's posts for awhile then decided to sign up in March 2001. But back then, there were only about 10 people actively posting... Rob, PeterGT4, Magoo, Countach, Brett, etc.

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    All the old messages from ExpensiveCar.com should be around here somewhere. ExpensiveCar.com was run on a Microsoft Frontpage message board and Monty Bates was having problems with it getting corrupted and going down. I think he was sick of doing the board and hearing the complaining, so I offered that I could fix the corrupted board and start storing on my server. He was more than happy to do that and his site linked to mine for years. I think about a year ago he took that link off. As far as I know Monty has never participated at FerrariChat.com.

6. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Found expensivecar.com doing a search over the internet... and switched to FC..

7. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

from the man himself...Rob Lay, live and in person.

8. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    Rob, based on the way the survey stands now, it's time to pull any or all advertising dollars from Cavallino!