Lusso 4384GT | FerrariChat

Lusso 4384GT

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Boudewijn, Feb 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    #1 Boudewijn, Feb 8, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    On the old FerrariChat web there was a thread discussing this car and its unknown present whereabouts. I found some recent pics of which I don't know where they were taken. Anyhow , it is back in its original colour red.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    #2 Boudewijn, Feb 8, 2004
  3. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    #3 Boudewijn, Feb 8, 2004
  4. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    Sorry for the write failure: it should be #4385GT.

5. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Boudewijn, in your photo the car is equipped with California plates and tags that expire in January of 2000. I would assume, then, that the photo was taken in 1999. The car was then (and now, as far as I'm aware) owned by Dr. Bruno Ristow, a plastic surgeon and winery owner in San Fransico, CA.

6. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    Thanks Wayne for this inside license plate information. Anyway, up till now its the most recent pic I have seen of this car.

7. Old Guy

Old Guy Formula Junior
    Honorary

Dec 1, 2003
    No longer here
    FWIW, from the background I'd think the photos were taken at Pebble Beach. That certainly appears to be the Lodge.

8. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Old Guy, I disagree. For one, I don't think it looks like the Lodge at all and, secondly, I'm sure you're aware that the cars at Pebble Beach are never displayed in an area like this. I've been trying to identify the background for a while now, but I'm certain it's not Pebble Beach.

9. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Okay, I've been studying the photos a little more carefully. I was wrong about the license plate. It expires in January, 1994, dating the photo to 1993. In the background is a 400 Superamerica SWB Coupe in dark blue with a crema interior, a la s/n 3559 SA. Can anybody put these two cars together in a single event circa 1993? Another possible clue is the program that the woman in the second photo (white blouse, no face) is clutching. Unfortunately, the resolution here isn't high enough for me to get a good look at it. What do you say, Old Guy?

10. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    #11 Boudewijn, Feb 8, 2004
  11. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    It's a Chopard advertisement, apparently on the back of the program.

12. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    It's definitely the 90s with that unbuttoned shirt and rolled up sleeves on the forearm.

13. Old Guy

Old Guy Formula Junior
    Honorary

Dec 1, 2003
    No longer here
    Wayne,

I haven't had time to look up a couple of things: for one, I think Breitling sponsors Pebble, but I'm not sure. The last time I was a Pebble was almost ten years ago, and then cars were displayed in a single line down to the right (as you face the Lodge from the Bay) in front of the wing, similar to this display. I don't remember Quail Lodge, and I know it was redone in the past couple of years; could this be at Quail Lodge, after Concours Italiana was moved? Girard-Perregaux sponsors CI, so I doubt that Chopard would be on the back of the program. Beyond that, I'm out of ideas.

14. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Old Guy,

I've attended Pebble every year except 1994 and am dead positive that I've never seen 4385 GT in person. That said...

I've done a little research. I pulled out an old event program from Pebble 1995 and, lo and behold, there's a Chopard ad on the back. I then checked with a guy on the web who has both a 1993 and 1994 program for sale and he says that the ad in this photo appears on the back of both with a platinum watch in 1993 and the same watch in rose-colored gold in 1994. This one looks a little rosy, doesn't it?

Then I checked out some Pebble photos. While most of the cars are on display along the oceanfront, in front of the main lodge building, there are those that get tucked away at the end, as I recall the Ferraris were in 1993 and 1995. Check out this photo of the buildings along that back trail. By the way, the guy in the funny suit and hat is none other than Michael Sheehan, going for that "period" look.

I would assume that the photo of 4385 GT, then, was taken in 1994 (the last big F-car year and the only one that I've missed since I first started attending). Apparently, the car was wearing expired tags! Do the judges deduct for that?;)

Oops. I can't attach any photo for some reason. I'll give it a shot later on...

15. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Here we go...

16. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    The first pic IS definitely the Lodge b4 the remodel. I've been to every Concours there since 1991. And I used to live in Pebble Beach, so I've seen it frequently.