AllanLambo & Mako99 - good for the site? | FerrariChat

AllanLambo & Mako99 - good for the site?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by mike550, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Are Allan Lambo and Mako99 good for F-chat?

1. Yes - they add value and make FerrariChat a better Forum

2. No, their incessant Ferrari bashing is tiresome - they should be banned

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Allan Lambo and Mako are good for the site and should keep up their great posts.

Allan Lambo and Mako are tiresome trolls whose Ferrari bashing tale is tired and stale and therefore should be banned.

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    While not agreeing with everything they say, this forum can handle contrary opinions and is all the better for having them around.
    Tony

3. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Don't we fight for freedom and freedom of speech?

4. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    I know that this is an open Forum. However, I thought that this was a site for Ferrari owners and enthusiasts. To that end, I find that the constant Ferrari bashing by Allan and Mako (if they are different users) is tiresome and not in the spirit of the majority of enthusiasts here. I know that Allan and Mako will try occassional reform by saying that they own a Ferrari or like a certain model, however, if you read much on this forum you will quickly see that they have their own anti Ferrari agenda which poisons this Forum.

We don't all have to, or want to agree on any or all topics or cars - but they are over the top with their anti Ferrari agenda. There are other forums for them.

I am alone is this opinion I will gladly exit this Forum. In my opinion the Forum was better as an enthusiast's site without the likes of Mako and Allan.

5. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    This has been brought up many times before. If you don't like them, don't read their posts. Personally I think Allan adds quite a bit to this forum. What good would it be for everyone to sit around spouting how great ferraris are? Different opinions and perspectives make it interesting. What good is a stupid poll regarding two users you don't like? What does that have to do with Ferrari?

6. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    LOL, Mikey broke off his sabatical to come and fawn on Allan and I again, can't kick the habit eh Camaro driver?

Bottom line:

Ferrari has made some **** cars.
    Lamborghini has made some **** cars.

Ferrari had made some fantastic cars.
    Lamborghini has made some fantastic cars.

I am in neither camp in terms of fanboy nonsense. In a battle between two equals, the pendulum always swings to and fro over time.

Right now Lamborghini's Murcielago is superior in every way to the 575M. And the Gallardo is superior in every way to the 360.

In the 80s, the pendulum was on the other end of the track, with Ferrari's TR being superior to Lamborghini's Countach in every way. And The 328 was a wash with the Jalpa until it was discontinued, neither was better than the other.

I'm hopeful that Ferrari will swing the pendulum back to their side of the fence by abandoning their conservative nonsense and making a car that can compete on all levels with the Murci. And I'm hopeful that the Monza which will replace the 360 is a better competitor for the Gallardo. I'm for the bettering of the breed, I love Italian sports cars. I don't care who makes them.

So Mikey, put your cowboy hat back on, call up the snowman on your CB, tell Sally Field in your passenger seat to stfu, and ride on out in that Trans-Am 550 ok? K thx. :)

7. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I tend to agree with you, however, Allan Lambo's cutting, witty prose is very funny indeed most of the time !! I have busted a gut many times reading his posts because they are hilarious, and I do not believe at heart he means to be MEAN !! Besides, I don't think he really believes most of what he posts anyway. I mean, come on, who would think that a piece of farm equipment manufactured by a company that has gone through more owners in the last 30 years than Heidi Fleiss has ******s, is actually BETTER than the SCUDERIA??

Hey Allan, am I serious or am I kidding?

8. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Those two Lambo Lovers are welcome wherever they drop their hat.

9. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    They try to get peoplegoing and they succed. Its not that bad of a thing though. sometimes it makes for good reading.

10. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J

11. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    They should be allowed here, no doubt. They contribute with a different kind of info and stands critical. It can get tiresome, but hey. They do create alot of the fun stuff here.

And Mako99,

the gallardo may be superiour regarding performance, but no way in hell with looks. The Gallardo is the ugliest Lambo ever made, it looks totally like a Toyota MR2 in rear wiew, it doesn't match the rest of the car. And the front is just a slightly modified Murcie front.

12. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    Here's my take:

Some day I'd like to be an owner, and since communications tech's don't make 200k a year, yeah, it's probably gonna be a 308 (GT4, carbs are fine with me) or a Mondial. Cars which Allan and Mako bash every chance they get. But you know what? They're not changing my mind. I STILL want one.

I say let 'em stay.

13. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I second that emotion !!!

14. Only one man decides what is and isn't good for this site:

Rob Lay.

15. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Jonus, you are crazy.

No one, and I mean no one, in print in ANY euro or american mag, in person, on the internet message boards, etc, does anything but bow down at the Gallardo alter when it comes to its looks outside of biased F-chatters.

This is the only board, including the VWVortex board, the NSX board, the Rennlist P-car board, the S2k board, the Lotus board, the Lambo board, etc, where even a single word has been written not liking the Gallardo's styling.

The Gallardo is what a $180k exotic SHOULD look like. These cars shouldn't look like Hyundai Tiburons. Apparantly Ferrari's management agrees, because there's a reason why the 360's replacement is going to look like a mini-Enzo, instead of a 456/575/360 Tiburon.

Go ahead and email Luca and tell him he's wrong Jonus, and to keep dropping amorphous, rounded, undistinct blobs on the market like the WELL recieved 612, LOL. If there ever was the sound of a lead balloon hitting the ground, that was the sound of the 612 at Detroit based on media observations.

16. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    That is true - but he might like to know how the chatters feel.

17. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003

18. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I personaly think they make this site a more interesting place. Mako99 should tone it down a little..It seems he's trying way to hard to be like Allen. Allen has a great amount of insight because he has ownd most of the cars he speaks of. He is comeing from real experiance instead of just going by what others have said.

Mako appears to be just another guy looking for attention with his recent posts. He cannot seem to respond without makeing personal attacks. If anybody should be ignored it's him not Allen.

19. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003

Spoken like a guy that doesn't like my stance on the 308. Tough, deal with it.

In regards to my "experience", that info is now posted three different times in other threads currently being responded to.

And finally, Allan has no bearing on my posts, again to make it clear, I am not a Lamborghini fanboy. The Diablo was an absolute mess when it first arrived, a Chrysler-based overweight GT that had spotty reliability. But over time it became a great car by the time the 6.0 arrived, that is indisputible. In-between it's very hit or miss.

I'd never buy a Jalpa OR a 308, both are too old in terms of performance and handling. And I'd likely take a TR over a Countach, but I'll reserve judgement because while I have a ton of seat time with a TR and 512TR, I never have driven a Countach that was in proper running order so it's not fair for me to say.

20. Wildwarrior

Wildwarrior Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2003
    PA
    Full Name:
    Glen Winters
    As anything I read ,I take it for what it's worth. When I see that Alan has posted I know i'm in for a good laugh reading responses ect,and that's a good thing in my book.

21. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito

Well, being the no-good bastard I am, here's a few quotes from those boards:

VWVortex:
    I think we all have to wait too see it on the road. German cars aren't all that photogenic. It's like the Volkswagen/Audi Lamborghini Gallardo. It was ugly, but then you see it on the road...-Posted by CarZOne

NSX Prime:
    Not a big fan of the design, especially the rear. Perhaps when I see it in person... I do like the raked grill at the back leading to the rear taillights.-Posted by NSXaholic

A Lambo without "the doors"... I'm not digging it...-Posted by Zuerst

1) there is toooo much bonnent from a front-on angle. the headlights are too narrow.
    2) no scissor doors? it's not a lambo then!
    3) i agree with maomaonsx; it's a little too geometric.
    4) not so attractive from some angles (eg.head-on)-Posted by NeoNSX

A lambo without scissor doors? Blasphemy!-Posted by PHOEN$X

Sorry, doesn't do much for me. -Posted by 92NSX

I thought it looks like a new body kit for a civic!
    edit...
    Err my bad I meant a cellica! (duh!)
    Looks really kit carish to me!-Posted by NSXlent in az

Too many flat surfaces. Besides, those headlights make it look dated.-Posted by Russ

Shall I go on to the other boards? ;)

22. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    right! LOL You have been defending him from day one - even creating a thread in his honor. Someone questions Allan - you blindly jump right in. Go read your old posts and refresh your memory.

23. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Well, being the no-good bastard I am, here's a few quotes from those boards:

Singular examples.

You can find singular examples on the internet of people that feel Rosanne Barr is a better looking woman than Cindy Crawford.

I won't defend the Gallardo's looks after this post, there are too many articles praising it to the heavens from every single major magazine that's tested it, and the vast majority of non-pros (let's peg it at 90%) feel the car is stunning.

24. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    As I have said in the other post, numbers-be-damned, the 308/328 styling is what gives me and many others wood !! The Jalpa was a wannabe countach with design chops on both front and rear ends!! I guess the designers at Lambo ran out of erasers and paper and finally said: aw to hell with it, it's done !!

25. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    I think they add tremendous value and honest insight (aka reality check) on the world of hi end exotics.

I vote yes, they're good for this site.