Misc. 348ts Questions | FerrariChat

Misc. 348ts Questions

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Ricambi America, Feb 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#1 Ricambi America, Feb 8, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    (1) Can somebody confirm the proper size of a chrome cavallino for the front grill of a 348? Should it be 3" or 4.5"?

(2) Esoteric parts number needed... my shoulder harnesses retract into the center of the car (between the two seats). Where the belt goes into the spool, there is an oval plastic trim piece. Anyone know this part number... or a supplier?

Thanks in advance!
    -Daniel
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    The horse on the front is smaller than the one on the back.

3. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    .....and for a ts it should be black.

4. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Actually the early cars had black horses on the back, and no horse on the front. Later they went with the crome horse on the back and added one to the front. I think it was when they introduced the speciale. But the horse wasn't the only thing that they changed. They also changed the size of the front grill. They made they spaces between the grill smaller.

5. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Ernie - Car is a late-90 ts (2.7 motronic). Interesting note about the spacing of the front grill. I was wondering how the Cav would even mount: the spacing is something like 2-inches wide by 1 inch tall for each of the open areas. While I haven't studied it too closely, the area behind the grill appears to just be a solid piece of fiberglass (front bumper) and the grill itself is nothing but pure aesthetics. No?

In my little pea-brain, I thought I'd need to remove the grill and mount the horse onto a custom bracket and then run it through the grill. Does anyone have a close-up of that proper mounting?

-Daniel

6. kenster888

kenster888 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Massachusetts
    On my 94 TS FC, 3" front, 4.5" rear, and chrome.

7. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    You are right about the space behind the grill. The bumper is solid all the way across. The grill is just for looks. However on the 355's the area behind the front grill has openings on either side for the ducting to cool the front breaks.

As for mounting the horse to the front grill. You are correct. There are two screws that need to be taken off. Then tip the front of the grill forward and lift it out. It is very easy. The other good thing is that after you take the grill off you can clean of all the dead bugs on the black area.

8. ricrain

ricrain Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Dallas Area
    Full Name:
    Ric
    Ferrari P/N 62449600, about $30.