Junior F1 Teams | FerrariChat

Junior F1 Teams

Discussion in 'F1' started by beast, Feb 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    It was discussed back in the F-2004 launch thread andout the possibility of Ferrari creating a Junior F1 team and calling it Maserati F1. Well it appears that i was not the only person thinking the same thing. Renault is looking into it also.

http://www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story/19713

2. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    i wonder how long it would be before they start entering the B teams into the season? i know it's just an idea right now, but it would put more cars on the grid. but then maybe we'll just see more team orders all over the track?

3. Skelter

Skelter Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    ****ty idea, a team should be in it to win and a B team's main purposes isn't that.

4. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    But a "B" team will be great to allow a team to develop future drivers and engineers for the "A" team. No matter how well you did in F3000 or F3 or if you were at the top of your class in Enginnerring school you will not be able to just jump in and make an impact.

Look at the hoopla over Jensen Button's first year at Williams. As of late he has not set the world on fire. JPM was the same every one hyped him up but just a handful of wins and no world championship just yet.

The point i am trying to make is it will allow a team to develop and evaluate new talent with out risking losing a championship due to a begginer mistake.

Rob