Tommy Hilfiger ENZO | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Tommy Hilfiger ENZO

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Eilig, Nov 11, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Jordan, that's a great idea...! :)

2. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I didn't know that - I like their stuff - great fabric. A bit on the expensive side.

3. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia

Now that is true comedy.

4. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    I think an interesting episode would involve injecting those guys from "Jackass" and "Wild Boys" into the "Rich Girls" show.... just to add a little "perspective." Now THAT would be entertaining!

5. Parker

Parker Karting

Mar 26, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    I bet Tommy Hilfiger made the comment about the push button windows in jest and was trying to be funny. I am sure other Enzo owners have made similar jokes to their friends about how the Enzo costs $660K and you don’t even get a cup holder, automatic windows, etc. Tommy Hilfiger has been a long time supporter of various Ferrari events and apparently owns an impressive collection of vintage and current cars. After watching a couple of episodes of that “Rich Girls” show, it seems that his daughter is actually a nice person and not a stuck up spoiled brat. Her friend, on the other hand, deserves a swift kick in the ass. There is nothing quite as annoying as an ugly fat girl that thinks she is hot.

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    And, everyone, you have to keep something else in mind - we're always talking about "what Enzo would have wanted" on this forum. Don't forget that he had to be convinced to even BUILD road cars. He was all about racing, and the road cars were merely made to fund the racing. So, I think if they're selling road cars and making money to win another F1 season, Enzo would be happy.

7. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    You can all make a stand and not buy and more Hilfinger crap.

He goes broke and his Enzo will be up for sale first (since it does not have the botton window thingies)

Maybe one of us will be able to buy it. May be cheap at that point too since it does not even have those botton push thingies :)

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    If he said that in all seriousness (hard to believe somebody is that jaded) he would deserve a boycot. Unfortunately we'd be only hurting our own interests as Hilfiger is a BIG sponsor of the Ferrari F1 team.

9. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I never did like his stuff. It sounds like he's a spoiled brat. I think Ferrari should take his car back and drop him as a sponser. They can easilly get another. He is entitled to his opinion but he could be more diplomatic in public about it. Sell the car if you don't like it and give someone else a chance to enjoy it.

10. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    I found out that the next episode with the ENZO footage is next Tuesday night. We'll watch and evaluate the context in which Hilfiger made this statement about the push button windows. In all fairness, they just showed a quick clip last night of it. But he was very serious when he said it.

We'll watch, and then we'll know the whole story.

I'd still like to see those guys from Jackass crash one of Hilfiger's daughter's parties!!!!!

11. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Andreas is right - all of the team gear is done (except for the racnig suits, fo course) by Hilfiger. He's hugely involved in the company.

I'm still amazed at how many of you know better than Ferrari about who deserves to own cars they make.

Frank Parker: exactly! :D

--Dan

12. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    At least whoever buys the car from him second hand will get one that hasn't been abused (or even exploited, for that matter). No doubt his Enzo will NEVER see a track day.

13. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    You have to remember that the whole point of the ENZO was- "to reward important Ferrari owners".

I have heard that line from the top management a number of times.

Tommy Hilfigure is the most perfect fit for what Ferrari set-out to do with the ENZO.

14. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    At least A) he got that one right, B) he is honest.

15. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    actually I'm quite sure he would just buy it back from him and make sure that he was not sold another Ferrari. regardless, he'd get the car back and give it to someone deserving. that's the kind of guy that Enzo was... at least from what I have read in stories.

16. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Tommy Hilfiger is no longer a sponsor.

17. MPalilonis

MPalilonis Karting

Sep 30, 2003
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hey guys, that show Rich Girls is on MTV right now (4:00pm). So like in 20mins or so turn on your tv's and you can get a look at next weeks show with the Enzo. Just thought I would all let you know.

~Mike P.

18. 2tall

2tall Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Full Name:
    Brett A. Summerer
    Man did you ever hit the nail on the head. A few years ago, I called them "Sorority Girls". Fat. Ugly. Dumb. Thought they were hot sh*t, as opposed to just a pile of sh*t.

19. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Tonight is the show with Tommy Hilfiger and the ENZO. I don't know exactly what time it's on, but the channel is MTV. Sometime between 7pm and 10pm.

20. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    CAR magazine drove one around New York in the latest issue and it broke down, badly. From memory, an exhaust cover plate fell off and was hanging down on one side, visible in the photo's of the car from the rear, the engine cooked the rear glass? cover which warped and jammed so they couldn't open it to access the motor and the battery went flat. The Enzo looks gorgeous IMHO but I can't see the Porsche GT behaving quite the same.......

21. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Rich Girls is on MTV tonight at 10:30 PM EST.

22. MPalilonis

MPalilonis Karting

Sep 30, 2003
    Full Name:
    Mike
    ITS ON, turn on your TV people !!!!! FERRARI's :) .... come on now you know you like them.

already saw a 456 on it.

~Mike P.

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Just saw it, their comments didn't get to me as much that I saw the entire thing and not clips. Tommy was cool and just making a joke about the buttons. The daughter just doesn't have a clue, kinda like when she was viewing the Target clothes.

24. MPalilonis

MPalilonis Karting

Sep 30, 2003
    Full Name:
    Mike
    First 5 MINS and its over, are you kidding me!!! :(

What a joke!!! You could barely hear the engine when the manager started it up in the show room. Piss poor camera work if you ask me. Really how could you say "Frankly their just aren't attractive", what a disbang of a daughter, for a man who has great enthusiasm (sp?) for Ferrari. I would never let my daughter say that in public.

The best part was when they said Ralph Lauren never ordered one, guess Tommy can show him up and show him what he's missing.

~Mike P.

25. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    I saw the show as well. Was a bit dissapointed with the little coverage of the car, but the show is geared to people with different interests then ourselves. Ralph Lauren has dibs on the first Carrera GT in New England I am fairly sure. I was speaking to the local Porsche dealer up here and Ralph has one of the two allocations they have for a CGT. It would be interesting to see those two have a little race with those "ugly" cars;-).