Best day of my life... | FerrariChat

Best day of my life...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by jordan747_400, Feb 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    All I can say is Wow :)

I wish I could say all this more eloquently but Im barely speaking straight...much less trying to form a real sentence!

After the awesome drive hosted by FDC in Southern California, I was not only able to ride in an Enzo, but Costantino Bertuzzi allowed me to drive it!!

After the event a small group of us was on our way home and Costa asks if I want to drive the Enzo back to FX performance for him...I laugh thinking he is joking and start walking to the passenger door. Already it was a chance of a lifetime to ride in an Enzo with a champion Ferrari Challenge racer, so I really never took his offer seriously. Aparantly he wasn't joking :)

Terrified and VERY VERY hesitant I get into the drivers seat...he just wouldnt let me ride passenger no matter how hard I tried to convince him. A ticket in an Enzo would pretty much be the end of me driving until after college so I was worried he wouldn't like cruising in the Enzo at the speed limit :)

There are no words to describe how terrified I was when I released the break and putted my first few inches. In all honest I was very intimidated by the car...After a few lousy stops while leaving the neighborhood I became aware of the amazingly sensitive break and gas pedals. It took a while to get used to! The Enzo is hardly the same kind of car as my Mustang :)

After finding our way to the 405S we put around in relatively heavy traffic for a while. A few times I downshifted into 3rd and accelerated for a few seconds but never really got that fast...90mph at the most. I could tell the car wanted to go much faster than I could handle it...The acceleration --even in low rpm- was just unbelievable! No words to describe it.

We cruise down the 405 for about 20 miles, exit on Santa Monica, and head over to FX performance where Byron (who was nice enough to drive my car down for me while I was riding with Costa) and the rest of the gang were hanging out waiting for us to arrive. Jean-Louis spoiled the fun and called Byron and the gang letting them know I was driving and arriving pretty soon...so I was greeted at the shop by MarkPDX, Brigitte, Jay, Byron, JL, and a few others.

I jump out of the car...and sat down...I was too light headed from all the adrenaline!!

I cant imagine what it would be like at speed with a talented driver like Costantino...You guys will have to ask MarkPDX about that one since he got a crazy ride! Ill just say they left a lot of rubber around :)

Im still in absolute shock...too much excitement for me. You guys all just rock.

Costa, I honestly dont know how to repay you. Simply amazing experience...changed my life forever!! You have to be a very generous and trusting person to let an 18 year old take control of an Enzo, and what you did for me shows those values beautifully :)

Byron, JL, Sunny, you guys did an AMAZING job of organizing the event. It was amazing! No way to adequately thank you guys as well... Byron and Mark, thanks for taking my car down from the restraunt for me. That is just way over the top in generosity. Hopefully it wasnt too horrible after being spoiled by Ferraris :)

Anyway, here are some photos. The shots in the next post are courtesty of MarkPDX

For about 100 pictures from the drive including many shots of the Enzo itself, a Jaguar XJ220-S, Diablo GTR, and a whole bunch of super rare exotics, check out this thread in the SoCal section
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8085

2. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    WHAT!?! You bastard......damn you;)

3. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Jordan, that's awesome!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. The Enzo is truly a very special car.

4. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Still shaking from the excitement...Maybe my smile gives it away? :)

Im ruined for life though...How can any day be exciting after this?

5. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    John, Tyler, thanks! Im quite literally THE luckiest guy in the world :)

6. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    JJJJJJJJOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRDDDDDDAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!! CONGRATS DUDE!!!!! O MY GOD. As soon as i read the first line that you got to drive i said out loud O Man!!!!!! I thought i was cool with my avatar but you just blew it away to nothing. I am so jealous but you definitly deserve it. Man I am just as speechless as you. Ok I'll stop before I keep rambling but CONGRATS x 100000000000.
    Matt

7. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Yes damn you Jordan.;) Sounds like the chance of a lifetime. Not to many can say they drove a Enzo.I guess you can add your name to that list.Congrats.

8. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I cant believe it. That is aweasome. Way to go jordan

9. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    you forgot to mention it was the worst day of his life

[​IMG]

:)

10. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Wait...did I miss something...how is this OFF TOPIC??? The car you drove is called the what, named after who?

Anyway, though I'd seen a few Enzos before, I hadn't heard it run till today...and boy the way it runs...especially with Costa at the wheel. Anyone who says that thing is quiet is simply retarded. Sounds like heaven...

Glad it was a good time Jordan. Congrats on driving (one of) the world's greatest super supercars. That's a million dollar smile if I've ever seen one. Costa, an extremely awsome gesture.

Eric

11. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Jordan.... awesome story and great pix. Im sincerely happy for you!!! Costa sounds like a really nice guy.

12. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    No kidding - I followed it for many miles through the hills - The sound is great!! Very loud at high RPM's.

Simply awesome Jordan - Not just any drive, but a LONG drive! 20+ miles. Too cool.

13. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Thank you everybody! Simply amazing experience!!

Robiferretti--shhh!! Gotta keep that quiet :)

14. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Congrats Jordan - you deserve it..

15. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Oh, Carbon is gonna bust a vein.

You are the shizzle, Jordan. Now you can beeyatch-slap the haterz and be equally smug. One thing, though... heeheehee... did you find out if this is the Enzo that got pulled over Friday Night on Wilshire/Rodeo?

16. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    Congrats!!! I could see you guys havin lots of fun on Stunt Rd. I was the black Audi S4 headed up from the bottom. Interestingly enough I saw the sun glinting off the windows from Mullholland as you guys wound your way down. I told my girl that I think it's the Ferrari drive coming down. Sure enough when I made the turn to start my run some black XJ220 looking car and the Enzo were already at the stop sign.

17. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    I don't know what to say, Jordan! I'd have probably had an asthma attack on the spot. lol

Congratulations!

18. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Totally AWSOME Jordan!!!! Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good. Costa that was extreamly generous of you. My hat goes off to you.

19. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    bummed i missed it, but things came up that trump ferraris.

would have loved to get video of the group, but my back was all messed up and my girlfriend to make it worse then drag me to the grammy awards. oh well, maybe i'll go see jordan (still smiling as visions of cavallininos dance in his head) this weekend down at crystal cove.

20. rmk

rmk Formula 3

Mar 24, 2002
    Amazing, simply amazing!!! My jaw is perm. on the floor, congrats Jordan! Serious ups to the owner, a true tifosi

PS, Check your PM

Ryan

21. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Holey Moley!!!!!!!!! Jordan at the rate you're going it won't be long before you're in Schumacher's 2004 F1 car.

Great pictures by the way. Many congrats !!!!!!!!!!

What's next on the list....................how bout' the F50 GT car :)

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

22. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    OMG!@! Jordan you drove the Enzo!!

The 575M and now this!!

WOW
    :)

23. kenster888

kenster888 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Congratulations Jordan!
    Simply amazing.

24. Entelechy

Entelechy Formula Junior

May 19, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Chris Cummings
    Jordan Wow! Wow, Wow, Wow!!! Costa, that is too cool! The only downside is now you're likely ruined forever from all but perhaps a Formula One Ferrari :)

Very happy for you!

25. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Hooeeeeeeey!

Lucky you! One thing I must ask is: Can yo see the front end of the car from the drivers seat?

Damn, I wouldnt be able to sleep for weeks after something like that!