Rotors? | FerrariChat

Rotors?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Black355, Feb 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Hi,

Anyone have a recommended source for new rotors? I need to do the brakes on my 355 and thought about getting some cross-drilled this time 'round...

Thanks!!

Emil

2. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Emil,
    I can't get cross-drilled rotors, but know of a good source for oem Brembo's if you are interested. I got new rotors for my 348 CH for ~$175 each.

PM me and I'll provide you the information.

Byron

3. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    tirerack.com carries Brembo's

4. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    That price sounds way higher than normal, simply because of their intended application..

You can find 325mm non-cross drilled Brembo rotors for $78 with free shipping online from www.thepartsbin.com

Has anyone tried to call them by giving them a Brembo part number or finding out if theres another Brembo rotor that might fit the application?

It just amazes me what part outfits get away with sometimes.

Sunny

5. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Baer might make kits that fit stock calipers for your car. My friend got a pair of two piece ones from baer that'll never warp (if they do he gets free ones) and they look sharp. Oh yeah, the car stops better too...

6. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    #6 BigHead, Feb 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Emil, check out this thread:http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21682#post21682

No affiliation; I've been happy with stuff from him before.

Also, FWIW, cross-drilled should be avoided. It weakens the rotor, reduces mass of the rotor, and does not help cooling. Seriously; check out the attached article.

vty,

--Dennis
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. 348 TB

348 TB Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Mich
    Full Name:
    Mike V

Byron for this price i am interested too if this rotors they work with original ferrari calippers, i have a 348 speciale 1992 #10
    Thanks, Mike V.

8. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    I have to agree with Dennis about drilled rotors cracking. If the holes are cast in it is not as much of a problem. If you are not going to track the car it may be O.K. If you want long rotor life, have them cryo treated. It is well worth the money.

Rick

9. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Mike,
    email me at [email protected] and I will give you the contact information.

Byron

10. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
  11. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Ive used Porterfield for years with no complaints. twice the performance of ferrari at 1/3 the cost. & they can make them cross drilled, regular, slotted, cryo, whatever you want