It Amused me ! | FerrariChat

It Amused me !

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Philjay50, Feb 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Philjay50

Philjay50 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    Philip
    he Pope flies in to take a service in Milton Keynes. Cruising the M1 in the papal limo,
    he taps the driver on the shoulder and says "Pull over, would you? I’ve always wanted
    to drive one of these things." So the driver pulls over. He gets into the back as John
    Paul slips into the driver’s seat. Soon they’re off again, and JP is putting the limo
    through its paces - 90 ... 100 ... 110. Then, from nowhere, there’s a blue flashing light
    in the mirror, and soon the limo is again halted on the hard shoulder. The big Traffic
    Cop approaches the limo, flicking over the pages of his notebook. JP winds down the
    window and smiles indulgently. Upon seeing him, the policeman hesitates for a
    moment, and then says "Are you who I think you are?" "Yes, I think I may be so." the
    Pope replies. The policeman turns on his heel and goes back to his car. He picks up
    the radio, and insists on being put through to the most senior officer on duty. "I’ve got
    a problem sir. I’ve just pulled over a limo doing 110 on the M1." "No problem there",
    says the senior officer. "What’s the matter?" "Well sir, it the question of whose limo it
    is." "Oh, no, you haven’t caught Prescott, have you?" "No sir, it’s not a Jaguar. I think
    it’s worse than that." "It’s not Princess Anne again, is it?" "No sir, it’s worse than that."
    "Come on then, man, spill the beans - who have you stopped?" "Well, sir, I don’t know
    exactly who it is, but he’s got the Pope driving for him!"

2. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    9.5 From the Fulham office.

wazza