GUMBALL 3000---------------------- | FerrariChat

GUMBALL 3000----------------------

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Feb 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Finally recieved and watched the film.A few questions for our resident Gumballer,Ed;
    Any background info on the following?;
    Arthur in Keonigsegg ?
    Vicki in Lambo Murci?
    Father and son ,Richard and Keith.575m and 360 m respectively.
    Who was Joe Macari? I'm assuming the little Scot in F50 ....!
    Absolute loon in 911 GT2 with Union Jack on roof?
    The other Lambo Murci driver, all teeth and massive sunglasses with built in phone?
    The v funny Peter Sellers lookalike, faux Mexican?
    As for the film, it's worth a rent but don't bother buying.

Tony

2. gumball3000

gumball3000 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Ed Neilson

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Cheers Ed.Any pics of today's drive out?
    T

4. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Guys, Go the DVD and watched the movie. I thought it was great. Its better then the Cannonball Run Europe. Being a Yank myself I thought the Cops seemed alright in the movie. The F50 looked good on the circuit.
    It seems you need a lot of money for the rally with all the fines etc. The english blonde in the lambo murci was cool. She could handle the car well.

5. Klint

Klint Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Isle of Man, British Isles
    Full Name:
    Clint
    Robert is a really cool guy, I knew he plays rugby but I didn't know what team he plays for. Thanks for that Info.

I was thinking the guy in the Koenigsegg was some middle eastern prince of some sort.... :)

I too am also curious who that Vicki was in the Murcielago. Anyone know anymore?

As for Ahab- Funny guy with lots of class. I remember seeing him in a 360 Spyder at the start, which was also RHD. Then throughout the rest of the movie he was in the Murcielago, I was wondering who owned the 360! and it's his that got covered in sand! Gee! hahaha.

6. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Did any see the front end of the F50 with all the stone chips. The whole front end of the car was white, no red paint after the gumball run. Some serious motoring....

7. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    I bought this last week and thought it was very good.
    Loved seeing the S1 Elise (being an S1 driver myself) in with all the expensive exotica.

Wasn't there a yellow S2 which broke down near the start?

Also loved the bit of Ryan Dunn going around the oval circuit in his huge rental car.

Vicki in the Lambo was a top bird. Not been into cars long and has already had 2 360's and a Mercielago. Nice a$$ as well.

Not sure about Arthurs claim of driving at 240 for 15 minutes. Tiff Nedell only managed a few minutes at that speed at Milbrook in an F1 with no traffic. Quite cool to hire the guys from Jeff's Autos to follow him.

8. daz355

daz355 Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    MclarenVille
    Full Name:
    Darren P
    Think you'll find that Tiff didn't do that speed in an F1.Andy Wallace holds that record, and it was done at the VW test track in Germany.Sorry but I'm a bit passionate about the F1.

9. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    I know Andy Wallace holds the record but Tiff did some big speed in an F1 at Milbrook. I remember because they showed the state of the tyres which were completely blistered.

10. elms

elms Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    DCS
    Young Tiff broke the record for the fastest lap of a U.K circuit in a production roadcar at 195.3mph using the aforementioned F1.

11. Steve275

Steve275 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 20, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Guys - Haven't seen the film yet, BUT..........

Wasn't that Jodie Kidd - Supermodel and JK beater on last season's Top Gear ? (Lush Babe who can drive too) :eek:)

Steve

12. elms

elms Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    DCS
    No but Jody was there driving a Viper.

13. dmaci38293

dmaci38293 Rookie

Feb 28, 2004
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Duncan MacInnes
    In reply to the people wanting info - Arthur owns a computer / mobile phone brokerage company - and the car is owned by the company too ;-)

I also beleive he has 2 Koenigsegg's as the one he ordered was not ready for the gumball so he had to buy one to do it in ;-) Cool guy though!

Vicky..... top babe - everything a male car nut wants ... vicky if your on here my number is 07740 ......

Hope to do the gumball in 2005, not quite sure what car yet, but a noble will soon wipe some smiles of the exotica faces!

14. Klint

Klint Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Isle of Man, British Isles
    Full Name:
    Clint
    hahaha!

I think that took place on the Nardo test track which is in Italy, I believe, not Germany??

15. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Just watched it this weekend. Top bird in the lambo - anyone know her ?

Was worth watching but thought they could do with more car action.

16. 328Matt

328Matt Karting

Dec 3, 2003
    Lymm,Cheshire
    Full Name:
    Matt
    The top speed run was done at volkswagens proving ground-not nardo.It consists of two very long straights connected by corners not a bowl like nardo.Incidentally the F1 had a full Mclaren support crew and was de-catted.The results were featured in Autocar a few years ago..ihave it somewhere.....

17. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Charlie (Chaa),

Has a great video with more Gumball 3000 coverage. Much better then the DVD. It actually shows the F50 and GT2 racing to 200 MPH.... The front end the F50 after the drive across the US was a mess. The whole front end of the F50 was white, no red paint on it due to stone chipping....