84 512 boxer-purchased | FerrariChat

84 512 boxer-purchased

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by msdesignltd, Feb 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    HI ALL, JUST WENT INTO CONTRACT ON A 1984 FERRARI 512 BOXER, 1900 MILES, NO TYPO, 3000 KILOMETERS . THE SERIAL # IS 49473. IT HAS SPENT THE LAST 4 YEARS AT ISRINGHAUSEN IN SPRING FIELD ILLINOIS. AND BEFORE THAT IT BELONGED TO FERRARI OF ATLANTA.OBVIOUSLY THE CAR IS IMMACULATE AS WELL AS STUNNING IN RED WITH FULL SADDLE LEATHER INTERIOR.HAVENT BEGUN TO TRACE ROOTS BEFORE FAF.DOES ANY ONE KNOW ABOUT THIS CAR...??? PRO OR CON... THANKS, WILL HAVE CAR WITHIN 10 DAYS AND POST PHOTOS. MICHAEL

2. Darkman

Darkman Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2004
    Sounds great. Congrats on the new car :) Post some pics when you get her.

3. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    There was a late Boxer at FOA several years ago, believe it was the personal car of one of the owners, wanted big money for it then. Had colored ribbing in the seats, if i remember right. They are great cars, but prepare to spend some money to get it streetworthy, and while you have the engine out, make sure that the ancillaries are done as well (eg, rebuild the water pump now, so you don't have to pull the engine to do it when it goes); replace all rubber, gaskets, injection jets, etc. I had a very good one, also a queen, which i fettled then drove the hell out of. Sorry i got rid of it. Post pics once you get it. (Also, run the car by G. Rousch at FML; he should be able to provide you with past listings of the car for sale; if it is the same one, it would have been circa 1999). Good luck.

4. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    HEY WHART, THATS THE ONE RED/TAN DAYTONA SEATS. ACCORDIND TO PAPER WORK, CAR HAD 30,000 MILE CHECKOUT 3 YEARS AGO AND NEW CLUTCH 1 YEAR AGO..ISRINGHAUSEN KEPT IT BETTER THAN HIS MISTRESS...IF ANYONE ELSE KNOWS WHY THIS SALE SHOULD NOT TAKE PLACE PLEASE SPEAK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS ALL, MICHAEL

5. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
  6. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN NJ CAR? I LIVE IN ROCKLAND COUNTY NY. THE CAR WILL BE SHIPPED FROM ILLINOIS.

7. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    There was such a car for sale in NJ and I know the dealer selling it. Was wondering if that is the same car, there I could give you some details. If the car is in IL it is likely a different car.

Make sure to have seals and hoses replaced. Gosh, 1900 miles in 20 years. 190Miles a year or 1/2 Mile a day.
    what a pitty.

8. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I THINK I KNOW WHICH ONE YOU SPEAK OF IN NJ, DONT THINK ITS AN 84 AND IT HAS A BLACK BOTTOM. BTW YOUR MATH IS OFF, IT 95 MILES PER YEAR OVER 20 YEARS,THATS 1900...THE FACT THAT THIS CAR HAS BEEN IN DEALER PRINCIPAL HANDS THE LAST 10 YEARS IS A GOOD SIGN. IT WOULD BE A RIGHT OFF FOR THEM TO PERFORM WHATEVER IT NEEDED.PITTY TO SOME, TIME WARP TO OTHERS, THIS WILL BE MY 3RD 84 BOXER, AND SHOULD BE LIKE BUYING A NEW CAR 20 YEARS LATE!

9. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    :) fulfilling a dream from 20 years ago?

You are right, math was never my strong subject. I buy something for $2,000, sell it for $5,000 and live of the 3% I am making :)

I hope you are right on the service. Also hope you bought it at a good number.
    Sometimes we have to just buy a certain thing to check off the wish list. Enjoy!

10. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    how much did you pay for this garage queen? I also own one, with 5400 miles, and it has been in the shop at FOA for some time now, hoping to get it back soon; then I am going to drive the hell out of it. All that money for 30,000 mile service and new MSD, new clutch, new shocks, new new new...i might as well enjoy it.

11. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Congratulations. The last of the hand - builds. No more.

12. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    HERES SOME SHOTS FROM THE DEALERS FLOOR

13. richanton

richanton Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    I love that car. I want one bad.

14. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Several on the market now.

Sheehan has a nice one.

JRV has two........

Did Bob Downing's car in Florida sell??? It's an 84.

They are really nice. I'm saving up myself.

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Man, coachi, you have had more than your fair share of difficulty "waking" your beaty "up"!

Best of luck, when it hits the road.

16. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Peter Sweeney has a couple on his site also. He has had the red 82 for awhile and he recently listed the black 83. www.forzaweblobby.com

17. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Congrats!! It looks brand new! Same color combo as mine too.

18. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I saw that BB512i at FOA and it looked good. But, it did need a major service as I recall. I suspect it will need all new hoses, seals and other rubber parts too. And I would have the brake calipers rebuilt if I were the owner.

19. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Beautiful! Finish shines like nail polish!

20. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    MS- Did you get my PM?

21. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    yes, there was one a FOA for a while and I think a number of us inquired about it, I made some posts on it a while back, the car was described as all orginal etc etc but did not have any service records etc, they wanted like 90-95 for it, they were very inflexible on price at the time. search the archives. It looks like the same car

22. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    Very nice!
    I love Boxers.

23. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop
    Hey coach,
    How you making out with that MSD, etc.?
    I am bringing my car in to Classic Coach tomorrow to have the Boxer trim repainted because I had the original running lights put back in the bumper. Also will have an oil service before the season starts. Do you think it needs spark plugs etc. if they were replaced 2 years ago with engine out?What else could it need since it will be there. I almost hate to screw with it too much since it has been running great, except for high idle(1300).I cant wait to let the reins out on it.

Charlie Krop