Schumacher F1 car in Dallas | FerrariChat

Schumacher F1 car in Dallas

Discussion in 'Texas' started by AnotherDunneDeal, Feb 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Just back from the auto show in Fort Worth. I was speaking with a transport driver who used to carry Ferraris for us at FoD. He said that he had picked up and delivered to a collector in Dallas one of the Schumacher F1 cars. I asked him which year it was and he said either the F2001 or the F2002. He could not remember which. I know this collector well but cannot disclose his name here. I might come up later but I will maintain his privacy for now unless he gives me permission to disclose it.

The driver said it was very hard to load due to the extremely low nose. He has carried the 333SP on several occasions and we all know how low the nose of it it. Cannot imagine the F1 car.

Wow, one of Schumachers cars in Dallas------Too Cool!!!!!!!!!!

2. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    interesting, but the nose comes off quite easily. it shouldn't be loaded/unloaded with the nose on the car.

3. Scott_in_Houston

Dec 17, 2003
    Housotn, Texas
    Who is this Schumacher guy and why do people say I drive like him? :D

4. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Randy,

True, the nose come off easliy and it is transported that way. However, the belly of the car is so low that getting it on the liftgate requires some finesse. It can high center with only a two inch lift on the ramp. I did not ask him if he loaded it front or rear first. I am sure he took some pictures of it so I will see if I can get copies.......................................................

5. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Scott,

He is just some old over-the-hill German guy who likes to motor around the tracks of the world in a red car. Do you drive a red car and speak with a German accent??????????????????

And if you can really drive like him, let me know. I think that a some guys with the last names of Williams, Dennis or Jordan might like to speak with you. I believe that if you will send me a profile of yourself with you racing accomplishments that I can get you in to see them. By the way, how much cash can you come up with to buy a seat in one of the cars????????????????

6. Scott_in_Houston

Dec 17, 2003
    Housotn, Texas
    I have all the above except the German accent.
    LOL.... I wish.

7. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Thanks James.

I think the F1 cars have large disks that go on where the wheels go to get them in and out. I've seen a picture here and there, and this is only my guess at how they transport them. That would raise the body significantly to clear the jabrock plank.