Sales & Service in NE MS/ NW AL | FerrariChat

Sales & Service in NE MS/ NW AL

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by TSMIV, Jan 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    While I am not currently in the market for a Ferrari, I want to get all my ducks in a row before I get serious. I am looking for a place that sells and/or services Ferraris in my general area. (Ideally no farther than Memphis, Jackson, or Birmingham)

Sales is so that I can get a feel for as many cars as possible and determine which model I like best. My top choice right now is a 308gtsi. I will not limit my search to my general area when the time comes to purchase. I do not have time to travel very far at this moment but will definitely take the time to check out all possible purchases first hand.

My friend Byron is a retired Porsche mechanic and he says he is willing to work on a Ferrari when I get one. Currently he does shade tree work for former clients and current clients of his current endeavor. He works on all types of cars, but mostly cars that are pretty common. He sends all his clients’ Ferraris to FoA. I am a special case in that I am a personal friend and that I will not own a TR. He is apprehensive about it, so that is why I am looking for a place to have it serviced. Should he choose not to work on it or cannot work on it for any reason I would like a back up.

Is Ferrari South my best bet? I have heard that they only do service now. Oddly enough, they are still registered with the state as a new car dealer last time I checked 6 months ago. Do they still sell new cars? Pre-owned?

2. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    What I am ideally looking for is some place like Fortune Motors, Pier 57, or Rick Pope. Fortune is too far away to look; Pier 57 is out of my price range; Rick Pope is out of business.

What I will settle for is some place like Thoroughbred Motors in AL. They had a Mondial cabriolet for sale some time back. It appeared, from the pictures for the ad, to be by far the nicest car they had on their lot.

For service I would ideally like some place close within say 90 miles, but am willing to travel further because that is the reality of things. It looks like my only real choice is my friend Byron.

I understand that I am in a unique situation in that there are very few Ferrari owners in my area. Am I right in assuming that those of you that are in Birmingham that do not do your own work go to FoA or somewhere to the East?

Also, I got my information about Ferrari South’s new dealer’s license from MS Motor Vehicle Commission.

3. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Isn't Ferrari of Atlanta closer to you than Memphis ? FYI, Ferrari South belongs to the same guy that owns FOA, Ed Weidick who lives in Jackson, Ms.

4. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    First and foremost, thank you for your reply.

And to answer your question: No, It is twice the distance.

It is actually farther to Jackson than to Memphis.

It takes me almost as long to get to Birmingham as it does Memphis, to give you some idea where I am at.

5. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    I live in Birmingham and there are several places that can service a Ferrari here. I have not asked every owner, but I think very few travel to FOA for service.

6. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    Branko, I appreciate your reply and will check back with you in a few months when I get closer to ownership. I do not know where I got the idea that most Ferrari owners from Birmingham go FoA. It may be from my friend sending the guys from my area to there.

Frank, I did not see the last part of your reply. I had heard that somewhere. Are you sure on the spelling of his last name? The reason I ask is because the MS M V C spelled it differently. I trust you over them, but had to ask. It is cool that he lives in Jackson.

7. redjeeper

redjeeper Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Flowood, MS
    Full Name:
    Anthony Griffin
    The owner of FOA does indeed live in Jackson and I have seen him around a few times. He also owns Ferrari South and the # is 601-969-5668. They are located on Gallatin Street in Jackson. I'm not sure how far Columbus is but they are pretty nice and they will give you some advice on models to look, but they never have any cars in the showroom, they referred me to FOA to look at cars and siad they would be glad to deliver if I bought from them.

P.S. I believe the owners name is spelled Ed Wettach.