Innocence Lost - Ferrari Found | FerrariChat

Innocence Lost - Ferrari Found

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by st.tully, Feb 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. st.tully

st.tully Karting

Jan 29, 2004
    Gentlemen -

I'm a lurker who has benefited greatly from this group. Today, I fufilled a longtime dream of Ferrai ownership with the delivery of an outstanding 328 GTS 1987 metallic black/tan.

Reading your posts gave me a great education. The fellows at www.sportauto.cc gave me the opportunity to touch, feel, and drive almost all models - plus they gave staright forward honest and accurate inforamtion - even though they didn't have the specific Ferrari I wanted - Steve Barney and Darrell Kimrey are great.

I bought this 328 from a fellow Fchat memeber who exemplifies a true enthusiaist - not only is he honest but he took the time to walk me through all the nuances of the model and this particular car. This fellow set a high standard of Ferrari ownership that I will be hard pressed to meet.

I'd also like to thank Mark McDaniel at Ferrai of Atlanta for an incredible PPI - I bought this 328 sight unseen based on Mark's inspection - and I am far from disappointed.

All I can say is WOW - Thank you all.

George Holding
    Raleigh, NC

ps - If anyone wants a great deal on a Porsche C4S Cab Tiptronic Blk/Blk 2004, I have one in the garage that is feeling mighty unloved !!!

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Post some pictures of your new baby!!

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Congratulations! What a great first post. Pics!

4. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    congrats. post pictures

5. st.tully

st.tully Karting

Jan 29, 2004
    #5 st.tully, Feb 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hope this pic uploads - it is from the PPI at Ferrari of Atlanta.

Tonight, every 30 minutes of so I have to go out to the garage just to make sure I'm not just dreaming and that I really do now have a Ferrari !!!!

Cheers, george
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    thats great!!! welcome to the board. how about some interior shots to keep me motivated!!!! great choice George!

7. ronsupercar

ronsupercar Formula 3

May 2, 2002
    Orlando Fla.
    Full Name:
    4RE-Ron
    You must be a happy camper..

Congrats to you my friend.

Enjoy the ride. ;)

8. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    A very warm welcome here on fchat.com!
    What a wonderful first post!!!!!!
    Congratulation for your new beautiful Ferrari 328GTS & your first post here.
    I wish more people like you would first read B4 posting. Its also great to hear, that you have bought your baby from a fchat gent here.

Enjoy your drive & ferrarichat.com

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

9. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch

Congrats on your new Ferrari...by the way, I actually have a friend looking for a Porsche like yours....please PM me the details on it. Thank you. :)

10. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Honestly, one of the most beautiful 328's Ive seen...so clean! and the color combo is exactly what I would pick. Congrats, enjoy, and DONT be afraid to post hundreds and hundreds of pic's!

11. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    George, is this John Delvac's car? If so you got a great car from a great Ferrari owner/fan

12. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Yes, i was going to ask that same question, did you buy John Delvac's car?? If so, it is a gorgeous example.

13. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Beatiful car. I'd be the same way if I ever got one.

14. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Congratulations and welcome, George. Contrary to what others with no 328 experience may post, you will really love the car. Looks great in the pics...

15. st.tully

st.tully Karting

Jan 29, 2004
    #15 st.tully, Feb 8, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Just to let you all know that I'm a driver not a fondler - today was beutiful here in NC and I drove 300 miles of back roads in this wonderful Ferrari - although 17 years old, it looks and smells just like nearly new - (check out the pic) - again all I can say is WOW and thank you all for leading me in the right direction on this purchase (especially those FChat guys that I contacted directly about this particular car) - and yes, it is true, once you own one Ferrari, you do want another. Boxer for sale anyone?

Cheers, g.

16. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Very, very nice - The interior and engine look immaculate - Congrats!!!

17. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    George,
    I know how you feel, I still feel the same way!
    And after watching Slag chase the Enzo and Jag xj220s thru the twisty mountain roads in So. Cal. today in his 328, I'm sure you too will have a lot of fun!!

Enjoy,
    Rick

18. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I am a new member also. Congrats, George.
    As a former 328GTS owner, I echo your enthusiasm and share your excitement. That's a beautiful vehicle. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Tom,

19. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    George,

Nice choice and color of a car. I felt the exact same way last summer when i got my first Ferrari, my '88 328 GTX, black and tan too. Spent a lot of time in the garage with it, i was wishing i could have brought it in the house with me too.... :) I have been pampering it all winter here, in fact it is at the dealer now getting a complete 30K service with a number of other things looked at too. Because come the nice weather, my baby is going driving...

Enjoy it, the 328 is a great car!!

Tod

20. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Congrats, and welcome aboard. To this day I still go into the garage and just look at the car. It's a sickness I tell you, a sickness. LOL.

21. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    Wonderful 1st Post and an absolutely gorgeous car! Congratulations! Enjoy!

22. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Second'd

This is the great thing about places like F chat. You read and learn and then get to share with a bunch of people from all over the world as they share with you the experience we all hold in such high regard, Driving, not just to get from point A to point B but to care about how we get there and why.

23. smsmd

smsmd Karting

Nov 12, 2003
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Steven Scates MD
    What a beautiful car! The interior is gorgeous. Glad to hear it is being driven.

steve