I took my wife to Lauwry’s restaurant in Beverly Hills tonight. | FerrariChat

I took my wife to Lauwry’s restaurant in Beverly Hills tonight.

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Bart, Feb 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    For $10, I got to park in front. That is twice the normal amount. Was that worth it? Yes, because I paid before I went in, I did not have to wait to get my keys. I opened the door for my bride and then I left.
    It was a total zoo. Cars were back up, coming and going. A crowd was trying to leave. The police even came in while I was leaving.

I love my beast for what it does for me.

2. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    lol if only i had the same luck....every time I get stuck in the ruckus, unless i tip the guy to keep my car in the front, depending on where i go tho

New to the site from the orange county area too, and I gotta say.....anyone with a 550 is cool with me, my fav ferrari next to the 275 GTB4 :)

3. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

$10 is all worth it, I took my 360 to the LA autoshow this January and the valet was like $25.00, I give the guy $40.00 and he jumped into my car (I'm driving) and lead me to the indoor valet with 4 guys watching the car til I got outta the show.

4. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Do you have more pics of your car? I love the red inserts & interior.

5. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

yes, please see here:

www.Jimmy540i.com

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Wow, thanks - I'm loving the interior - Hope to see it in person one day!

7. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    So that was YOUR car! Very nice.
    Did you see the Porsche with the stainless roll bar?

Anytime I park my F40 it is at least $20. I park it, keep the keys, hand the guys a $20 and say thanks.

So far, so good.

Rick

8. Brigitte

Brigitte Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brigitte
    A few friends of mine that prefer to carry the keys instead of keeping them with the valet say they are law enforcement, undercover or detectives, you get the idea. Then they don't *****.

9. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    Hey Rick. You were there? I don't recall there's a Porsche with roll bar. Is it a 996 X50?

I love F40/F50. Do you have pictures of your F40?

Regards,
    JIMMY
    www.Jimmy540i.com

10. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Smart valets will realize your paying them NOT to park it and bug you for the keys. I won't let friends touch my paint, but I will let them drive the car, and they expect me to just hand over my keys to a complete stranger? Haha!

I've only been challenged three times for the keys and all three times, I kept them.

Sunny

11. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    I don't remember the model. Maybe a GT2? I drove my Z06 to the show, not my F40.

You can see pics of my car in all the Crystal Cove or Ferrari drive posts. It is the one with the black wheels.

Rick

12. Frissen

Frissen Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    USA/Mexico
    Full Name:
    Frissen Gutierrez

Either $10 or $20 bucks for the type of cars you are diving is cheap, I used to hand out $10 for my M3 when I used to go clubbing during the 90's.

I have been at both ends of the spectrum as I worked as a valet at a high end mall, parking was $3, $1 for the mall, $1 for the contractor, $1 for me, so any tip above $1 dollar was more than double my profit meaning usually a good treatment. Ususally ladies in Jags or Merc gave us above $3 bucks up to $10. Porsche guys gave us usually $5. I did a few power-braking stunts in V12 Jags and tested most Porsche in the back. Fixed most loose parts in Explorers and such.

As a user and ex-valet I'll tell you that $10 bucks I'll park it myself and keep the keys works best both ways. But sometimes take the ticket, anyways because it is the only way for the valet to justify and charge for work, ok.