Anyone owner in the Lake Bluff IL... | FerrariChat

Anyone owner in the Lake Bluff IL...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Doug, Feb 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    area that can can give a Mondial a once over before I decide if I want to pursue it or not? Don't want anyone to go out of their way, but if you are in or near Lake Bluff, could you give a car a once over. Looking to see if paint is original or apparent signs of accident. Also condition of interior, wheels etc...
    You can email me at [email protected]

2. schackman

schackman Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    COLD
    Full Name:
    Schackman
    Are you looking into LFSC..... if so....they are straight shooters over there. Really nice guys, with top notch cars.

If so.....have them send over a bunch of HI-Res pix.....

If not LFSC.......ignore this......

3. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Not at LFSC. Another dealer. Although it is possible that they are under the same ownership.

4. rexrcr

rexrcr Formula 3

Nov 27, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Full Name:
    Rob Schermerhorn
    Then take it to LFSC for a PPI. Why not?

Who's the dealer? Northshore, Knauz, Last Detail? LFSC is under just one roof as far as I know. Go to the experts.

5. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    It's at a place called the Saab Exchange. I will pursue a PPI if I decide I want to pursue the car. What I am hoping for is to get a visual on the cars condition first. Signs of paintwork, % of tread remaining, no drips under the car on the floor etc...Between sports cars and daily transportation, I have looked at too many cars that the salesman said were perfect on the phone, only to find painted panels, overspray, uneven tire wear etc....Just thought that if a lister was in the immediate area, they could stop by and give it a quick inspection before I pursue it to the next level.

6. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Need more info on car...
    is it a red/tan coupe, Mondial T?? if so, they have had it more than a year. Do you have a link for an add??

I leased a car from the Saab exchange, not exactly straight shooters! It is part of a large network of dealers, including the Porsche Exchange. Kind of surprised they are not trying to sell it out of that dealer (its right down the road). I live 20 minutes from there.

7. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Yes
    Red/tan coupe 3.2, not a T. He told me that they have had it a while. That is why I was wondering if someone could have a look before I order up a PPI. Maybe there is something wrong with it cosmetically.

8. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I think it is the same car... they tried to auction the car at the Brian Redman Challenge at Elkhart Lake last year, did not get any lookers. Do they have the records/books. It may be a local car, if so, Lake Forest Sports Cars may have the records. If not.... beware. Get the VIN and call LFSC. If no records, I would NOT trust these guys. Funny, I had my Saab there not too long ago for warrenty service, and I did not see it (trust me, I would have had it been there!).

9. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Yes, LFSC has records on the car and they gave me a rundown of what they have done over the last few years. The exchange said they had an independent do the timing belt, si I assume they have a record of that.
    The salesman told me that the car was just removed from storage and put back into the showroom again with spring time around the corner.

10. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    The porsche exchange had a mondial t for sale for a long time, last there 3 months ago. I looked at it, and the paint was ratty, interior was worn. Sales guy described it as being in "great shape." I thought it looked rough. Check out the porsche exchange site and see if it is the same one.

Saab exchange and porsche exchange are basically the same dealership, though 10 minutes apart...

I have always found that the porscheexchange charged a outraggeous premium for their cars...and really didn't want to haggle...

11. JMJ575M

JMJ575M Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2002
    Chain of Lakes Regio
    Full Name:
    J Michael Jordan
    I'm no automotive expert, but I'll be going to Lake Forest on Friday. Tell me what to/where to look and I'll bring my digital camera and take pictures, if they'll let me, and give you a report via email. If you're still interested in the car. You can email me or PM me. If you email me, put Ferrari in the subject line.

JMJ

12. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    JMJ
    I sent you an email. If you didn't get it, let me know. Also, if plans change before then, I will let you know.