New battery - Where from? | FerrariChat

New battery - Where from?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by forzarich, Feb 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. forzarich

forzarich Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    Dorset, UK
    Had major problems this weekend with the battery, it is less than 2 years old but bought by a previous owner from the dealers in Birmingham, I'm down south so chasing up battery warranties may not be straight forward.

Anyone know who sells decent heavy duty batteries that will fit in the 360 easily. Tried a different one but it was too tall. The one one in there is wide and shorter than most.

I don't really want to pay main F dealer prices (obviously) so any other suggestions gratefully received.

Rich

2. 355f

355f Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003

3. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    Rich

I had loads of problems with my 360 an batteries it had 3 before it got sorted, just get a good one mate..it may cost a bit more but the aggro it savesis priceless.

Just my opinion of coarse

Joe

4. forzarich

forzarich Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    Dorset, UK
    So any good places to shop or recommend types then Joe?

5. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Talking of batteries, does anyone here use a optimate on their car?

6. Steve275

Steve275 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 20, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Steve
    All the time, and on every model of Ferrari I have owned - Never had a battery problem.......Ever !

Steve

7. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    I got a replacement battery from Verdi's in Hayes - no problems. Give them a call and they can advise on heavy duty variants.

Izza

8. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Rich call Karl at Verdis,

He can advise and give you the best advise...mine is a Fiamm italian one ..figures..

but i know you can get other makes...sorry I cant help further.

Joe

Nothing worse than a flat battery.....

9. Andy hls

Andy hls Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Roger at Kent high performance got me a charger that plugs into the ciggarette lighter, its made by porsche (wash my mouth out)but its great no more battery probs

andy

10. Rosso Badger

Rosso Badger Guest

Jan 17, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Al Boswell
    I just go to Halfords once a year, buy a new battery, and chuck the old one away. That way - never a battery problem, and all for the sake of 40 quid.

Badge

11. gts328uk

gts328uk Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Rich

I use an Airflow charger on the Ferrari and keeps it in perfect condition. On the Lotus I use a Halfords auto charger and that also kept the lotus battery in perfect condition. Batteries hate being left in the cold without any conditioning (trickle charge). Buy one its worth its weight in gold.

Mark

12. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    I got mine from Roger, most helpful and agenerally great guy. He may do some paint for me soon..

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    My sweetie just picked up her New Beetle Turbo.

I noticed the dealer using these solar chargers on the cars on the lot.
    A 12" square panel plugged into the lighter socket apparently charged the battery on cars while on the lot.

They left hers in the trunk, I believe by mistake. Any reason this wouldn't work for my Ferrari? Have you seen this in UK?

BTW, my tech jammed an Optima red top into a 360 last week with minor mods, had to move some wiring loom to make a little room. HTH