Enzo Vs Porsche Carrera GT Vs S7 | FerrariChat

Enzo Vs Porsche Carrera GT Vs S7

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by WILLIAM H, Nov 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Hmmm, S7 is tops but the Porsche is very nice, might have to choose that instead of the S7. The Enzo is nice & fast but its a bit odd looking & she really needs a wing on that butt, reminds me of a tailess cat :)

2. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    Hmmm... The Enzo and Porsche are a awesome, but I'd say the Ferrari edges it out on styling and name. The S7 is hideous. I'd take a Ford GT over the S7 if I wanted to go American.

Ernesto

3. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    S7 has the best looks, and is the best race car.
    What is the size differance between S7 and Porsche GT?
    I always thought the S7 was too big for city driving, might be its only negative.

If you care more about "name plate" and prestige- Porsche gives you 9/10th's the preformance, at half the cost of a Enzo in this market. Are Enzo's really getting 1.2 million or is that just asking price?

I'd go Porshe for tossabllity, and open air driving.

4. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    Ohhh pelase, the Enzo is the ultimate machine. What a car. Nope nope not a car. I think my 355 is a car. The enzo is almost a ufo. The porsche seems like it's gonna give the enzo a little trouble. I not too crazy about Porsches looks, but I've seen a picture of it in red that I really liked. As an ex Porsche man I know those cars, they are fast and fun to drive. On the other hand the S7 is nothing like the Enzo or the Porsche. It's almost a kitcar. Everything was stolen from an other. It's a shame that people even compare them with Ferraris and Porsches.

5. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    IMO, the S7 has too many louvers all over the place making the overall design distracting. The Enzo is too Mattel-like and way too radical. I think the design of the Carrera GT is perfect, very exotic but not over-the-top.

6. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Aren't you a Maserati MAN?

Buy a Maserati, then you might get on the list for a Maser GT

7. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Since when did Enzos covered in tape come to be known as "Maserati GT"?

8. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    Guys, the Maserati GT will look nothing like the Enzo. That photo is of a test mule to test mechanicals. The body will be different.

Ernesto

9. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Buy any of them there all wild !!!!
    Performance, the Enzo might have the edge.
    But the new Porsche does have over 600HP, might be close.
    The Enzo and S7 are very exotic looking, the Porsche is also exotic
    looking just on a different level. Less F1 more sports car.

All great cars !!

10. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    How would you know this? As I don't I doubt you do.

11. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Article I read on the Carerra GT said that they bottomed out all the time on just a regular road. The Enzo also looks very close to the ground, so I was wondering if anyone had heard of these problems? My father definitely had that problem on the 355, and apparently with the 360, Ferrari lifted the nose a bit to protect against unwanted scrapes.

I do really like the Carerra GT...

12. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    As far as the super exotics go the porsche is the best for the dollar.

If I could buy any car right now it would be an F-50, and I have talked to one of my friends about a joint ownership of a F-50, but I do not have the Jack to fly solo.

The S7, I agree should not be in this class. I have heard rumors, that the S7 is not doing well at all in the street version.

As for the Enzo, Perfection except for the price.

13. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i would take carerra gt over any car. has open air option, beautiful styling, jewel like construction, pcar reliability, practicality, and service at local dealer. enzo is ugly and lambo doors dont belong on it. saleen is not in this class

14. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    The Enzo has a driver-adjustable ride height. Just hit a button, and you can raise or lower the entire car an inch or two. So bottoming out is a non-issue, within reason.

Ferrari's got most of their bases covered with the Enzo. What a machine.

15. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    That is not correct. The ride height raise does not work above 20 MPH and the long overhang makes it a nose scrapper. For the NY roads I drove on I felt it was too low.

16. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Where did I say you can adjust the ride height while moving? Yes I know you have to be stopped or near stopped to adjust.

And that's why I said "within reason" because there will still be some crappy roads in the US that will not accomodate driving an Enzo.

But fact fact remains, it IS adjustable with a push of the button. Does the Porsche GT offer this? I don't think so.

17. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    It can not be raised if the car is traveling over 20 MPH. The roads I drove on were not crappy. They were roads I've driven in my MK-IV, Maser, TR, 308, 275, Lola etc,etc. The Enzo IMHO was too low. It bottomed out. One that was brought into NYC scrapped off a few parts.
    Too me that makes it too low.
    As for the Carrera it's one of the greatest cars ever built. It may be too low as well. When I drive one I'll let you know. The Enzo is neither better or worse. It's quite different.

18. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I think it's funny that they are probably going to make more Carrera GTs than Ferrari makes 360CS. (Didn't someone say they maylimit it to 900 CS?)

P.S. big rumor that Porsche is making a sedan. Now all they need is a station wagon, and they really will have every possible car covered.

19. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Napolis,

Well it sounds like if they are bringing you Enzos to try, that you should be in a position to have the roads fixed. Buy the Enzo, get the roads fixed, and call me for a ride.

Or

Buy the GT, don't fix the roads, and call me for a ride.

Either way the choice is yours as long as you call me for a ride.

Rob

20. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    Or buy a Lamborghini! It has ride adjustment too! :)

Yeah, maybe they can repave every road he feels like travelling in?

About that Saleen, a friend of mine in Hong Kong just took delivery of one not too long ago and he is raving about the car. He is no race car driver, but enjoys spanking his cars around. Said it compared well to other cars he had, but not the best. I don't particularly like all the louvers either, but I think it works pretty well over all.

Cheers

21. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    and S7 has no anti-lock breaks, I think? Kind of interesting - never driven a car without them

22. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    No car has no anti lock brakes.

Early Vipers didn't either.

I wouldn't be surprised if customers fit them in these things though.

Cheers

23. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    My sunday dance card is pretty full and I wouldn't buy either unless I could use it as a daily driver. I note that the R&T Utah Enzo seems to be used a lot but the roads out there are very nice. My friends who have them don't seem to put much milage on them and the one that drives his the most much perfers it on the track than on the road. As for the Murcie if it had a glove box, storage pockets, a bit of luggage space, e shift, and a Nav sys. I'd get one. That one seems quite usable, and I got it into my driveway without having to use the lifter.
    It's weird seeing how many Enzo's are for sale in the secondary market. It's almost as if their owners are more interested in making a profit than owning/driving one. It will be interesting to see if P can sell 1500 Carrera's esp. as because it won't be a prob, to get one the secondary market won't be at a preminum.

24. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

James, i agree with you. It looks like Ferrari's premium list is more interested in making a quick buck rather than enjoying the car.Really disappointing.

25. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    I know someone who is selling his. His reasons were disappointing build quality and lack of usability. He isn't advertising it for sale though, so if he sells it, it would be to a friend. Doubt he is going to gouge anyone with the price. My opinion is that he is selling now that he was the first to get the "new toy" and the novelty has worn off.

Cheers