Dream realized | FerrariChat

Dream realized

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ccr2002, Feb 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ccr2002

ccr2002 Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Salt Lake City, UT
    I want to thank Sean Harris for a great experience buying this 456 from him. He and everyone else at Harris Imports are great to hang out with and they have been very tolerant of my obsession, as i drop by frequently and they've let me drive just about any car they have. While a still a resident i had the opportunity to play golf at pebble beach and spyglass...the tab was picked up by someone else. As i was about to hit a to one of the signature par 3 greens at spyglass i heard a V12 coming around the corner...and stopped my swing and stepped back...a tour de france blue 456 passed and i knew i'd own one someday. The golf was secondary after that. Well it has finally happened and although many would say i'm crazy to buy a new one with prices falling and the 612 out...i love the car and actually get quite a thrill out of knowing i'm the first owner and my name with be in the factory database. I also have a '01 550 ( that i share with a lifelong friend ) but i think the 456 is about as classic as a modern car can get.

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Congratulations - 456 is underrated by those who don't know a damn thing about Ferrari 4-seaters - can't get much better than that color combo, either. May your journeys be swift and safe.

3. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    I totally agree with this statement. Beautiful car...one of my favorite Ferraris.

Congratulations!

4. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Love the color.

5. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Beautiful car!! Congrats. The 456 has such classy lines.

6. joopjoldersma

joopjoldersma Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Joop Joldersma
    Great car and in one of the nicest color for this car.

Joop

7. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    Fantastic car! I just love the 456! Great looks, great performance and enough room for 4 people (small ones :D ) absolutley great!
    and...a great color!

8. ferrariartist

ferrariartist F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    East of Toronto
    Full Name:
    Grant Thomas
    Beautiful car... loved this design since the day it was unvieled... sorry to see it replaced...

congrats!!! and enjoy!!!

(now you can concentrate on that hole-in-one!!... (or can you?????...) :)

GT

9. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    Congrats. Good choice. Is that a 456 or the 456M ?

10. udalmia

udalmia Guest

congrats, thats a beauty!

11. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Congrats on your car. I love 456s and 550s in TDF.

How does it drive compared to the 550?

DrTax

12. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Great Car! Out of all the Ferraris we are lucky enough to see in So Cal, we never get treated with this one. :(

13. ccr2002

ccr2002 Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Salt Lake City, UT
    It is a 2003. I have a 3 boys under 4 and just took one of them to school in it...the horsey car as the younger one describes it.

In comparison to the 550, I find the cabin more comfortable...more open and with better visibility somehow. The view over the hood isn't as long and it feels perfectly balanced. The torque/hp is obviously less...but it is still exciting to drive and handles beautifully. In no way does it feel like the E55/RS6...which i find disconnected from the road and they do not feel like sports cars. The 456 feels like a GT...just with back seats. As for speed...around town driving the 456 vs 550 is a lot like a carrera vs turbo. I usually don't go any faster...i just have to put the gas pedal down a little farther. But in terms of driving the seat through your back...the 550 is more of a rush. It's an elegant but sporting ride.

14. ccr2002

ccr2002 Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Salt Lake City, UT
    It is a 2003. I have a 3 boys under 4 and just took one of them to school in it...the horsey car as the younger one describes it.

In comparison to the 550, I find the cabin more comfortable...more open and with better visibility somehow. The view over the hood isn't as long and it feels perfectly balanced. The torque/hp is obviously less...but it is still exciting to drive and handles beautifully. In no way does it feel like the E55/RS6...which i find disconnected from the road and they do not feel like sports cars. The 456 feels like a GT...just with back seats. As for speed...around town driving the 456 vs 550 is a lot like a carrera vs turbo. I usually don't go any faster...i just have to put the gas pedal down a little farther. But in terms of driving the seat through your back...the 550 is more of a rush. It's an elegant but sporting ride.

15. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Congrats! That's a great color combo! :)

16. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Congrats on your new acquisition---

I echo your accolades for Sean Harris and his staffs. During my recent F-search, I had an opportunity to work with him. Sean is straight and first class all the way. Steve Harris Ferrari will be on my very short list of high end dealers on my next F purchase endeavor.

Tom,

17. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Congrats!!

In my opinion, thats the best color you can get for a 456!

18. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Congratulations on your purchase... "golf was secondary"...gotta love that! :) From what I hear, Harris Imports IS the dealership to work with... I am in the market for a new car and the 456GT is very appealing to me. Thank you for sharing some of your 456 v. 550 thoughts.. I just sent you an email - any additional thoughts you can share with me would be great!

Beautiful color combination!

Byron

19. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    Congrats on the new car...it looks great in the color combo you selected...it is nice to see that you selected the 6 speed as well :) Forza Ferrari ;)