What is the 11-99 Foundation? | FerrariChat

What is the 11-99 Foundation?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by KevinW, Feb 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KevinW

KevinW Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    When I lived in LA I saw a ton of license plate frames that said "Member of the 11-99 Foundation". I also so some pictures that Jordan posted from Crystal Cove yesterday and there was a shot of the back of someone's car that had this,

What exactly is this...I've always wondered???

2. ollie

ollie Karting

Oct 7, 2001
    San Juan Capistrano
    Full Name:
    Oliver B. Cagle
    I think it's an organization or brotherhood of California Highway Patrol (CHP) (membership) program which you as a member by this license frame and it's an unwritten rule that you won't get a ticket from the CHP. I never got a ticket from them and I haven't bought the frame. I don't want to get a tcket.

3. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    11-99 foundation is the widows and orphans fund to help them after their fathers (mothers) died in the service of the people of California. Its also has scholarships for all the children of the CHP.

It does not stop the CHP from giving you a ticket but it might help in getting a warning instead. In my opinion, the CHP are the best highway police in the country. It is one reason the California drivers are the best in the World (accidents per mile driven).

4. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    bart has it right about the foundation

as far as chp being the best, bull they are egotistical, sociopathic adam henrys and deserve to be beaten with their own br24s. they also are poorly equipped and trained to handle high speed pursuits.

my mission in life is to f^ck with chp.

5. Christian Asis

Apr 28, 2003

That's a bit much, isn't it?

I've had my fair share of run ins with the CHP and with one exception, I think they're hard working men and women with crappy jobs and not much pay to make up for it. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I'd be willing to be that if you carry that attitude into your encounters with the CHP you're predestined to have a bad experience.

6. KevinW

KevinW Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Thanks for the replies guys.

It just seemed that every car I ever saw this license frame on was some sort of luxury or exotic car.

Maybe I was just seeing things...

7. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Today, I stopped a CHP Officer going to Carl’s Jr. for lunch. I asked him about the 11-99. The bottom line is he told me the CHP has been told NOT to allow this to influence the writing of tickets.

Hum. I wonder????

8. KevinW

KevinW Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Like I'm sure he would admit that to somebody who just comes up to him and asks! :)

Trust me, a close friend of mine was a cop for awhile and you wouldn't believe what some of his cop friends would do (nothing illegal). He also got out of a handful of tickets HIMSELF just by showing his badge.

It's just not fair!!!

9. 67GTC

67GTC Karting

Dec 30, 2003
    Westchester, CA
    I recently requested membership information from the 11-99 Foundation. It does support families of CHP in need.

Annual membership = $300 (You don't get the license plate surround at this membership level)

Lifetime membership = $1,800 (includes the plate surround)

FYI Chuck