FINALLY ORDERED 360 AUGUSTS DELIVERY | FerrariChat

FINALLY ORDERED 360 AUGUSTS DELIVERY

Discussion in '360/430' started by ART360, Feb 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ART360

ART360 Guest

Brad at Ferrari of SF finallly got a 6 speed from the factory. I ordered a Red/Tan, 360, with the sunroof. No other options. August delivery. I'd thought that they weren't going to build a 6 speed until the model change, but they did. Can't wait.

Art

2. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Sounds aweasome. Bet you cant wait.

3. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Congrats! I don't believe I've ever seen or heard of a sunroof option.

4. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    I like your taste.:D The wait is difficult.:(

My Red/Tan 360 Spider arrived in port today. Anyone know how long it usually takes from this point to delivery?

5. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    ART355, hats off to you for going ahead with your order. i can only dream what fun and excitement it must be to go into a dealer and place and order for a NEW FERRARI , and you get to choose how it is " born" into the world. good for you and all the hard work!!! if i am still around i am sure the pics will be stunning. michael

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Sunroof - oooh, rare option. Nice. It's more of a removeable roof panel, really.

7. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004

Please don't order the sun-roof!!!!!!!

It's not electric. You have to manually remove and re-attach the sun roof piece. It's really, really bad. There's one 360 here that has the sun-roof and that's how I know. Aweful!!!!

8. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    AWESOME!! Just in time for some great fair weather driving! Be safe and enjoy it!

Cheers

9. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    #9 ETW, Feb 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunroof looks great, I am not sure not being power will be a big deal considering how little the cars really get used anyway, go for it.

11. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Congratulations, Art!! I know that you'll enjoy it!!!!

12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Yes, i wouldnt go for the sunroof either.

13. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    probably 10 days if you are on the west coast.

14. ART360

ART360 Guest

I'm going to take delivery of it in Oregon. I just got a new case up there, and I'll use the car to get around up there for that case. At the end of 90 days, I can then bring it into California, w/o paying any sales taxes, provided I use it in Oregon for a valid purpose.

Art

15. rajn72

rajn72 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    How long have you had yours on order? I have had my 6spd on order since Feb-03 and to date Ferrari of Dallas has told me to wait another year???

So you will be getting yours this August... Awesome!!!

16. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Looks like you follow some conservative thoughts after all, eh ART? Congrats oin the new car, I want one. Are you keeping your F355?

17. kenster888

kenster888 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Massachusetts
    What minimum defines a 'valid purpose'? Please provide some ideas. Would vacationing in Oregon for 3 months count??? Do you need an Oregon address (how about a PO box)?

BTW congratulations.

18. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Yea, Art is an Attorney, so I'm also taking notes on how to do this!

19. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    Art
    Be sure you want the sun roof. I saw one and it just didn't look like it belonged on the car. Also, I don't know if there would be a wind buffetting problem since there are no back windows to crack and let the wind out. As far as delivery time to the west coast, I believe S Harris from Harris Imports said it took around 30 days

20. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario

Don't you think your comment is a little abrasive? Art is excited about his new car hitting port and can't wait until it shows and you tell him "Please don't order the sun-roof".

How about some respect and leave personal opinions on how you order your own car to yourself. Hell if Art ordered a Pink ferrari with Green Interior I wouldn't tell him anything other than congratulations.

21. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Interesting opinion. I, for one, rely on people's opinions to help me decide on what features are, or are not, desirable. Before I bought my 360, I just didn't know and had to ask many questions of this board. Most were useful and valid, some were not. I just did my own filter.

22. ART360

ART360 Guest

You need a valid address in Oregon. I don't know but vacationing in Oregon might work, but I'd check with competent tax counsel on that issue. Since I'm going to be working there, I have a good business reason to keep it there, and from what I understand, that should qualify sufficiently to exempt the car from California Sales Tax if and when I bring it into the State.

As to the Sunroof: I don't think that I'll ever put it on. I plan on driving it without the roof in place. Think TS, because that is what the sunroof makes the car, i.e., just like the late style Targas which don't go from side to side, but are effectively what the Ferrari has.

Art

23. A-Train

A-Train Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    My 360 sunroofed. Perfect seal. Sunroof = small opening. Dealer took it out and put back in to show me how, at delivery. Looked to be a semi-tough but definitely doable one-man job. When out, sits on a shelf mount behind seats. Literally never out again after put back in by dealer; just never bothered.

Re: resale. Casually speaking with dealers, they said no money for sunroof on a 360 and none taken away b/c of it. There was a thread on this forum back around July '03 with posts that a sunroof can be a big resale strike against a car.

The above are the facts of my particular car / experiences. Other people's may vary. This post is not a vote for or against the sunroof.

Anyway, who cares. When it gets here, just enjoy the car!

- A-Train

24. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Anyone have any idea how many sunroofs were sold on the 360? I've never seen one.

Gary

25. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

When are they going to change model for the 360?