A Moral Dilema ? | FerrariChat

A Moral Dilema ?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by tonyh, Feb 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous. Please scroll down slowly and consider each line - this is important for the test to work accurately.

You're in Florida... in Miami, to be exact. There is great chaos going on around you, caused by a hurricane and severe floods.

There are huge masses of water all over you. You are a CNN photographer and you are in the middle of this great disaster. The situation is nearly hopeless. You're trying to shoot very impressive photos. There are houses and people floating around you, disappearing into the water. Nature is showing all its destructive power and is ripping everything away with it.

Suddenly you see a man in the water, he is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken away by the masses of water and mud. You move closer.

Somehow the man looks familiar. Suddenly you know who it is - it's George W. Bush!

At the same time you notice that the raging waters are about to take him away, forever.
    You have two options. You can save him or you can take the best photo of your life.

So you can save the life of George W. Bush, or you can shoot a Pulitzer prize winning photo, a unique photo displaying the death of one of the world's most powerful men.

And here's the question (please give an honest answer):

Would you select colour film, or rather go with the simplicity of classic black and white?

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    black and white. Will present a more powerful image. You shoulda made a poll. ;)

just wondering...

....Why not save him?

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I'll save him if i can get a part of the Irak cake !

4. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Snap the photo of him in colour (would literally only take the click of a button), save him, and then make a black and white copy of the photo in Photoshop.

hehe

5. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    this is the kind of attitude that is poisoning our country. whether or not you started this thread in jest or not, it is of very poor taste. we should not be denigrating the president to this extent just because we don't agree with him. i would be saying the same thing if you had substituted kerry or clinton, in the same joke. politics is a grownups game, so grow up.

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    What ross said is absolutely true. Unless it was (hyopothetically) Pres. Hillary Clinton, though I think she'd be able to float what with all that blubber-leg - even if an apartment building landed on her. I think that'd be a great picture. Color, then.
    Anybody remember that Hillary-on-the-beach shot a few years ago? *dry-heaves return*

7. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Throw the camera at him in the hopes of putting him out of his misery.