Mike Tyson down to last few bucks | FerrariChat

Mike Tyson down to last few bucks

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by wax, Feb 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    don't believe everything you read in bankruptcy court.

doody.

3. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Doody is absolutely right, this is done usually just to appease the pressure from tax-hounds I believe? sorry only 21, never had to deal with it;) but isn't that what filing for ch.11 really does? You still owe on all debts, just not yet, etc.

4. Klint

Klint Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Isle of Man, British Isles
    Full Name:
    Clint
    Funny.

Last week Lenox announced his retirement.

and this is what I just read:
    "In a bid to get out of debt, Tyson plans to return to the ring in May or June"

Is Tyson scared of Lennox? lol

5. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    IMO....who cares?

6. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Don King got his money just like he did with all the other fighters like Ali that he managed. He is the worst thing for boxing and Tyson isn't smart enough to stay away from the trap. Don King has a house on the ocean in Manalapan with a statue of liberty in the back yard facing the ocean. That's about 10 miles south of Palm Beach, Fl. Only in America.

7. Klint

Klint Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Isle of Man, British Isles
    Full Name:
    Clint
    Those who follow the sport?

Don't be so narrow minded.

8. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Yeah that's the truth !!! Only in America can a CONVICTED MURDERER rise to mega-riches off the sweat of idiots brows. BTW, Lenox is AFRAID of Klitzcho, after the ass-kicking he received he got LUCKY that Vitali's eye started bleeding which gave him the TKO. I saw that ass-hat Emmanuel Steward on the Arturo Gatti fight saying "I don't think Lenox knows what he wants to do yet" and I said to my wife "that's a bunch of bull****, he hasn't fought for a year because Vitali kicked his ass and he knows it. Lewis was a paper champion in my never-to-be-humble opinion and I have followed boxing since 1974. He showed sporadic moments of brilliance which were more often than not, peppered with pathetic performances. His saving grace: was always picking his fights (with Steward's help) very intelligently, always taking on a fierce oponent after they were already past their prime, or taking on a up-and-comer who was not prepared yet to be at that level. Lewis had a chance to fight Tyson pre-rape trial, as did Hollyfield, and they both PUNKED out. They waited until years later after the pod that kidnapped the REAL MIKE TYSON emerged on the scene and then Lewis and Hollyfield got their dander up and said "sure, I'll fight him, I'm not afraid" Reminds me of a MAD Magazine strip that came out in the early 80's around the time of Rocky IV or V where they showed Rocky and Apollo Creed duking it out in wheel chairs for Rocky XXXVIII and one of them drooled on the electric wheelchair and got electrocuted.

Anyway, the heavyweight division totally BLEW before the Klitzscho brothers arrived on the scene, I was starting to get excited about the division again until they ROBBED Vitali !!!

Tyson lost his money, that comes as a surprise to anyone? It is a shame because in his heyday that guy gave the best 145 seconds of action anyone could ask for, each and every fight.

9. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Mike Tyson is STILL my favorite boxer.

10. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Tyson is always one of the best fighter to watch. He is fast and explosive and a hard-puncher.

Holyfield is also a very exciting fighter but se has got bigger heart than abilities.

Riddick Bowe for once was also a great fighter but too bad he has now fallen into disgrace, kind of like Bruce Selddon (Atlantic Express ???).

Lennox Lewis is no doubt a good boxer but his performance is far from convincing. He was never exciting to watch, he picks his opponents and fights smartly. Just look at the way he fought that New Zealand guy (what's his name ???), Lewis just kept running for 12 rounds. His chin is always a suspect (McCall and Hanman) but Tyson's chin is solid.

I always enjoy watching Tyson's fights, (KO or otherwise). It is too bad that he has fallen into the wrong hands like King and Givens since the death of his adopted father Cus'damato.

A great champion should not end up his career filing for bankruptcy.

11. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    My point exactly. Lewis is/was a PAPER champ who benefited from Emanuel Steward's judicious picks of opponents. Now that he's gone I'm looking forward to the Klitzschos reigning supreme in the heavyweight division, byt give me a Gatti, Mosely, Jones Jr., Tzu fight any day, the little guys these days are so much more exciting to watch.

12. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, I remember his name now, the New Zealand guy - David Tua. Lewis was so afriad of his hooks in that fight, we all know that Lewis could be a better runner than Carl Lewis !!!

Absolutely !!! the smaller guys like - Trinidad, Roy Jones, James Toney etc. are sure better to watch. I can still remember the hay days of Nigel Benn, Chris Eubank, Mike McCallum, Michael Watson, Steve Collins, they were giving so much excitment to the viewers. Too bad, they are not around anymore.

BTW, who else is Emanuel Steward training now ???

Lennox Lewis got a DB7 ? or Vanquish ??? right ?

13. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Wow, what a surprise. Tyson is a worthless human being. All he's good at is causing trouble. What good can come from that?

14. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Lennox Lewis was losing that fight terribly, the people's champ is def. Klitzcho, but it doesn't matter, Lewis has formally retired.

15. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Yeah, because he was a panty waste, he retired because he knew he was beat. Too bad when someone goes out like that, and the Emmanuel Stewart tries to spin it like "he's going out on top, a true champ, the greatest for boxing" What a bunch of BS

16. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Having met Lewis a number of times I WOULD LOVE to see you call him a panty waste to his face..... Ain't chat rooms grand the 6'6" man can't reach me so I wll call him names.....

17. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Oh yeh, and my dad can beat up your dad !! I knew as I was typing that last comment some smart ass would say what you said. FOR THE RECORD: Lenox Lewis can kick the ever-loving **** out of me !! Does that make you happy? Read the previous posts and I think I more than demonstrated that this LEGITIMATE statement was made in the context of a few guys who KNOW boxing talking about BOXERS. I did not mean too imply I could beat up Lewis, merely that he was far from the greatest champ, far from the short list of 5 or 10 top champs. THE FACTS ARE: he got his ass handed to him by Klitzscho; he stayed away from boxing since because of that; he wanted NO PART of a rematch

END OF STORY.

18. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Oh, yeah? My dad can passively resist any man in the house!

19. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    I'll take lewis!!!

20. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    #20 writerguy, Feb 11, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I was at that fight at the Staples Center and Lewis had a few moments but Vitali whooped his ass while it lasted. They won't fight again for another year or two. Lewis knows better so we'll have to see Vitali fight more chumps.

Tua was frustrated in his fight with Lewis and with Lewis boxing and evading, there was simply no way for Tua to work. Can't rush Lewis but you can't reach him either... sucks to be him!

I too have taken to watching the Light/Cruiser weight divisions more and more. I love boxing, not as much as cars, but I watch it whenever I can.

Edit: Too bad Tyson went to prison, he could have left a bigger mark on boxing history and on his opponents. I'm also disappointed Alex Stewart went back to drugs, he had frightening power on par with Tyson with a longer reach and an incredible record before the white powder took control again.

Sunny

22. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Didn't you hear, Lewis retired.

23. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Retired? Damn. No, I've been so consumed by work and relationship, and stressing out over work since late Jan, that I've cut down on all news and most F-chat/forum time.

Sunny

24. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    are you serious ???

Oh ! did you mean in the ring ? or a chess game ? I know he plays chess as well.

25. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Disappointed ???

Then, are you disappointed that M Nunn was given 20 years ???