Cost to re-trim Daytona | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cost to re-trim Daytona

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by MarkL, Feb 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MarkL

MarkL Karting
    Owner

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Graham,

The one thing I have found in restoring my car is that it is difficult to compare service costs such as an interior re-trim. Too many variable and hidden problems that increase or decrease expense. If my seats just needed to be recovered and not completely rebuilt and the proper mouse hair used from the start my total labor costs for a complete interior re-trim would have been around $3500-4000 US.

There are many shortcuts people have taken over the years to keep these cars running and looking good. To do the job correctly will often take more money than makes sense to the owner so.... these old cars often have a lot of very well hidden problems. I am becoming an unwilling expert on these techniques. I have chosen to try and do things corectly much to the detriment of my bank account.

By the way all new leather was used on my car. Nothing redyed or reused.

2. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    Mark, glad it has worked ouy to your satisfaction, hope you can join us on a Chicago area drive when finished

3. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    Has been a good thread for me for two reasons. #1 is I am an owner of one of those 50-100K hot rods and we are up to doing the interior so the prices are interesting and #2 is I have seen a few not so perfect Daytonas and always wondered what a rebuild would cost since I am considering one of these next. The exEddie Irvine Daytona with scarce mechanical history that was bought at auction for 51000 UK is back for sale after a complete restoration/repaint costing apparently 30000 UK. Conveniently asking 79995.

4. nickm

nickm Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Ventura Ca.
    Aventino,
    Give me an email and I'll email you back with his phone number.
    Where are you located? Best, ~Nick~

PS: I also have a 2nd upolsterer who is doing some sweet 360 interior "upgrades" to seats and headliners using suade. (sp?) The
    seat inserts are being stitched up to look just like Bently interiors.
    Nice but not cheap ($$) though...

5. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    Unfortunately I'm working in Hong Kong, the rod is in New Zealand and it I'll be sent to Italy where I'm ending up when it's finished. Love to have a look at any websites if you've got any idea's, I'm sort of leaving it to my dad to decide how the interior will look.