Return Route From Santa Barbara To LA Through The Hills | FerrariChat

Return Route From Santa Barbara To LA Through The Hills

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Viper 10, Feb 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Viper 10

Viper 10 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad Chang
    Does anyone have the route that comes through the hills coming back from Santa Barbara? I went on it a few years ago with the Lambo Club. Some friends are thinking about doing a run up to SB this weekend. I'll be at the Vintage Car Races at Fontana.

Thanks for your feedback.

Brad

2. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    The following is from FCA SW site. It will get you to OJAI and then it's not too much farther to SB. I hope this helps:

Great Roads - Los Angeles to Ojai and Back
    By: Nick Paris
    Here’s another enjoyable drive from the Los Angeles area north to Ojai and back. The entire distance can be completed in three hours but there are a few stops worth making which can add an hour or two. Leave around 10 A.M. to enjoy lunch in Ojai.

101 Freeway to 23 North to New Los Angeles St.
    Exit at New Los Angeles which continues under the freeway to Moorpark Avenue (23). Turn right and head north. After 1/2 mile, turn right and detour through downtown Moorpark to find Luckys Hot Dog House which is a nice stop for frank aficionados. An alternate route to Moorpark from LA is to take the 118 freeway west until it ends. North on Moorpark Ave. (23) until it turns into Walnut Canyon Rd.
    Walnut Canyon Rd. to Broadway Rd.
    Continue north on Walnut Canyon. Follow the main road as it turns left and turns into Broadway Rd.
    Broadway Rd. to Grimes Canyon Rd.
    The trip so far has been on route 23 since leaving the 101. Follow Broadway until the main road heads right (north) and turns into Grimes Canyon Road.
    This is an area of orchards, eucalyptus trees and the largest egg farm you’ve ever seen.
    About 6 miles north of Moorpark, Grimes Canyon traverses through a sandy canyon that is quite a sight. Enjoy the curves, but keep your eyes on the road!
    Grimes Canyon Rd. (23) to Ventura St. (126)
    Continue heading north on Grimes Canyon (23) past Elkins Ranch Public Golf Course to Fillmore. Turn left at Ventura Street, Highway 126, and head west to Santa Paula.
    Ventura St. (126) to 10th St. Hwy (150) Santa Paula
    Head north from Highway 126 through downtown Santa Paula on 10th street, Highway 150. Note the Santa Paula Union Oil Museum. A few miles north on 150, you’ll understand why Santa Paula has an oil museum. At mile five the smell of sulfer creeps into the car as you pass beneath Sulfer Mountain, at mile eight, on the hillside off the left shoulder, oil can be seen oozing from the ground from nature’s own superfund site!
    Highway 150 to Boccali's Pizza and Pasta
    Continue North on Highway 150 to Ojai. This section of 150 includes a spectacular look out over Ojai valley and the second and last section of curves of the trip. Just after reaching the valley floor, 14 miles from Santa Paula, you’ll reach Boccali's at 3277 Highway 150 (M&Tues 4-9, W-Sun 11:45-9) for a classic Italian rest-stop or final destination.
    Highway 150 to Ojai
    Continue on 150 to Ojai. Ojai’s downtown district features a number of distinctive shops, galleries and tasty eateries. A favorite lunch stop is the Ojai Valley Inn and Country Club for lunch (try the tortilla soup!) or golf on the same course popular with the Senior pro tour.
    There are two options for the return trip from Ojai; continue through town and follow the main road as it turns into route 33 or turn around and reverse the original trip. Highway 33 heads south from Ojai and connects with 101 in Ventura. Take 101 south to Los Angeles.

If you leave early, skip lunch and stay in your car the whole trip, this drive can be finished in about the same time as going to the movies. But forget it. Not all Ferrari drivers pass up a meal or an occasional game of golf.

3. Viper 10

Viper 10 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad Chang
    Thanks alot N4S. Are any of you interested in doing a cruise to santa Barbara? I have some friends in the Audi TT and Lambo clubs, and we have a fun time with everyone.

I'll post the info as they solidify a date.

Thanks again,

Brad

4. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I would be interested. Be careful of 150 and 126, especially the 126, without a V1 or Passport. The car is in the shop though I'll be able to keep up. :)

Sunny

5. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    I live in Santa Barbara.

If you want to return to LA after taking 101 to SB go toward the mountains to 192. Take 192 to Ojai than you can take 33 south to Ventura or return via Moorpark.

Bob

6. Viper 10

Viper 10 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad Chang
    Thanks Bob. I'll pass it on to my friends.

Brad

7. Viper 10

Viper 10 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad Chang
    Thanks Bob. I'll pass it on to my friends.

Brad