i dont see the quick reply button...HELP ! | FerrariChat

i dont see the quick reply button...HELP !

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by amenasce, Nov 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    How do i activate the quick reply ? :confused:

2. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Andrew - it's the icon between "edit" and "reply", with the arrow curving down and to the left.

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

:eek:

Joe thanks a lot ! i was going crazy ...

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    How can you be so dense?!?! :)

Actually - I think there should be an option to keep quick-reply on all the time if yuo like.

5. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    this faked me out too, dude. the reason this is done this way is to tie the response SPECIFICALLY to a particular post - that way you can do email notification to the original poster, etc. otherwise you wouldn't know which specific post in the thread was being replied to (liek if you just hit "post reply" at the bottom left.

it's a smart feature, just very sub-optimally implemented. the goods news is it's one of those "once" UI items - once you're shown it once, you remember. could be worse.

doody.

6. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    So you can't quick reply the whole thread? What if your reply is relevant to the whole thing?

That little icon had me stumped to, but I was patient and waited for the mouseover to appear and thus revealing what it be.

Cheers

7. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    they both go in the same place. i was simply opining that they could implement a deeper set of notifications (i don't know that VBB does) based on a "quick reply" and they could do different displays of the threading (this board seems to show in flat mode only - maybe the printable version shows more threading). but it all ends up in teh same place.

doody.

8. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    http://youtu.be/piO0UXVZLAA