Good idea? | FerrariChat

Good idea?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by stratos, Feb 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stratos

stratos Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Switzerland
    Anyone think it would be a good idea to have some kind of a chart or table of Ferrari models with corresponding approximate market prices and price tendencies (going up-going down-stable)?

I think it would be of great value on FerrariChat.com

2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Cavallino magazine is the place to go for that information

3. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    err....

Notice up there on the top of your window...The funny little tab under the second R in FerrariChat.... Says MODEL LIST.....

Almost impossable to do current market listings for value... Would need a staff to do that alone.....

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    When I get the Ferrari model db up it will have general information on each model and also be a registry for individual cars. I would like to capture prices from Cavallino, Sports Car Market, and other sources in one place. That would all be a pretty big effort though. Cavallino has the best single list, but I think some of their prices are way off. It would be OK if they were consistently high or low, but some are on the "accurate" side, like 456 GTA's and 355 tb's, but then they list the low price for a 355 Challenge to be $90k last I looked, that's way high.

Going back to the subscription thing, I plan on having a paid staff to write articles and actually keep information like that updated. No resumes yet please. :) However, it will be a good opportunity for someone that likes Ferrari to make some extra money each year. No better job than doing something you love.

5. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    It is extremely hard to get the prices on the really good cars because those often change hands without ever getting on the market. E.g. your mechanic knows of a great 328 that the owner is thinking of selling. It's the best example your mechanic has ever seen and he says to jump on it. You call the guy and make a deal for a little over the current prices. Car never hits the market letter or the classifieds.

Or: you're a Ferrari event and you see a spectacular 348 challenge. You ask around and, sure enough, the car is everything it looks like and more. You tell the owner that if he ever wants to sell it he should call you. 6 months later, he calls, you hammer out a deal, the car is yours.

Anyways, you get the idea.

6. LamboGTR

LamboGTR Rookie

Feb 6, 2004
    I would love to sell one of the two i have for lets say $80.000 one is a 96 and the other is a 97 going going gone!! I am holding my breath so please bring me $90.000 I will dance at your next wedding!!!!!