What size Bosch wipers for 308QV? | FerrariChat

What size Bosch wipers for 308QV?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by kdross, Nov 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kdross

kdross Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I called the local Ferrari dealer earlier this week and they indicated that the 308QV came with standard Bosch wipers. I seem to have generic wipers on my car that are sized incorrectly, so I do not know what the correct size is. Does anyone know the correct size wiper for the driver side and passenger side? Thanks.

Ken

2. peajay

peajay Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2002
    near Paris, France
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes I had the same question a few months ago, my 328 had two 16 inch wipers installed when I got the car, I have to be honest and admit I haven't driven it in the rain yet. I noticed that the driver side was way short of the top of the screen, and since my head touches the roof (not particularly tall but long body) I was looking through the unswept part of the window. Someone told me that a 24 inch blade was correct for the driver's side, so I bought one plus a new 16 inch and yep it seems about right, the next sizes up would be too long. I found just regular brand X blades from my local super store fit OK. But I am mystified because I have seen loads of photos of cars with same size (short) wipers ??? does nobody drive in the rain ??? I would like to hear the offical word on the sizes.

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    My 328 has two 18" wipers; I have no idea if that is the original size or not, though it would appear to be.

4. peajay

peajay Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2002
    near Paris, France
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #4 peajay, Nov 12, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dave you made me wonder about mine so I just went and checked, in fact mine has an 18 inch not 16 inch on the passenger side but does have a 24 inch that I fitted on the driver side, it looks good with that nice big wiper. My car is a Euro model but since it is left hand drive I don't think that should make a difference. Does yours clean the whole screen on the driver side ??
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    No, but being 5'8" means it doesn't bother me either. :)

6. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    My Bosch wipers on '83 308qv (I think original) 17 1/2" on each

7. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    They're probably 18", or ever so slightly under (mine were) as they don't make "half" sizes....

8. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    perhaps 450mm?

9. Doc

Doc Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2001
    Latham, New York
    Full Name:
    Bill Van Dyne
    I just put new blades on my car , an '85 308, and I used Trico 19"ers ( #19-1). The originals on my car also measured 17.5" and , as Dave suggests, probably means 18". By the way, the 19 " blades fit just fine-albeit not the original size.

10. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    91tr, METRIC! I never thought of that...but entirely possible, do they make metric length wiper blades in Europe????

BTW, great idea to use a 24" wiper blade, I will consider this, when mine need replacing.

I need one for my BMW but where the hell do you find 26" blades? Guess I need to go to the dealer....

11. peajay

peajay Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2002
    near Paris, France
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Dave I beleive I saw 26 inch blades when I got the 24 inch one, it appears to be a size readily available. And I think that the blades here in Europe are actually metric sizes which in many things are actually direct conversions from original imperial sizes, that's why there are often some strange metric sizes around. I think the US is the only major country that is non-metric.