Why u should wear a seatbelt!!! | FerrariChat

Why u should wear a seatbelt!!!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Hubert888, Feb 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    ouch!!!!! and the look on his face........ you know its going to $uck before it happens.

2. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    JESUS! That was pretty bad... Did that guy have any serious head injuries?

Warning: No blood...but violent

The one time I was not wearing a seatbelt was after driving a friends S2000. I unbuckled and went back to the passenger seat. Before I had time to put my seatbelt on my friend peeled out and headed around an S-turn waaaay too fast for the conditions. I knew that we were about to go off, so I tried to grab the belt as quickly as possible. It all happened too fast so I braced myself and watched in slow-motion as we went off the road and jumped a 3 foot wide ditch that was 4 feet deep. We landed in someone's front yard and skid to about 6inches away from a huge pine tree.

I could just see us planting the nose of the S2000 in the ditch and going from 35-0mph in an instant, sending me through the windshield and into the next life. So the lesson was that the ONE TIME I wasn't wearing a seatbelt could have been my last ride...:(

Luckily we were 100% ok, except for a bump on my head from hitting the window. Needless to say I have'nt let my friend live that one down. Moron...

3. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    What device plays avi?
    Thanks.
    BTW, knowing your going to take a beating seconds before it happens is an eternity of torture! Avoid it if at all posible. You go from "Holy sh*t I'm dead!" To "Holy f*ck I'm stupid!"

4. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Something "fishy" about this video. Why didn't he suddenly grab the wheel with both hands when he woke up. Think about it, what is the first instinctive thing you do in this type of situation. Slam the brakes and grab the steering wheel.

Not the reaction I would expect.

Looks rather painful though.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

5. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    Looks like the guy was driving after downing too much cough syrup. Don't drive when you're extremely fatigued--pull off the road and walk around, roll down the window, crank the music, get a hotel room, etc.

6. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    My god John, you are VERY VERY lucky to be alive!!! Thats a good lesson learned.

Im very picky about wearing seatbelts, even if I am just reparking my car on the driveway. You just never know...

7. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Speaking of not wearing seatblets. This is my friends car domain website he put them on there. Its my car and I wasnt wearing my seat belt when it happened. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/312929/14 Look where my exhaust tip is. Also that was a solid steel car. No alum no fiber glass no nothing. Solid Steel.

P.S. page 13 has A F355 F1 on it.

8. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Man! Your car certainly got slammed! I am glad you were not hurt. Would have been MUCH worse if it was head on.

Jordan,
    The thing I remember, and hated most, about the S2000 incident was that I was thrust into an extremely dangerous situation without having any control or opportunity to do anything about it. I won't ever forget that feeling. Just goes to show you that you never know what lies on the road ahead(literally sometimes! :) ).

9. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Cold air, loud music or streching the legs only helps for a couple of mins. Being tired can't be ignored. Tons of coffee or talking won't help either. The only option is to stop driving and get some sleep.

10. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Why does this random guy have an in-car camera?

11. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I saw that video on another board. It freaked me out. I always wear my seatbelt. Wether I'm in the front of back, you never know when somethings gonna happen. Always be prepared for the worst.

12. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Why don't school buses have seatbelts? It's not us so no one cares? Odd....

13. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    BTW Is that guy dead?

14. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    He knew he was done for the day so maybe he was bracing for impact. For all the good that did!

15. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
  16. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I've wondered that all the time when I was in elementary and junior high. I always thought it was wierd.

17. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    He's a cabbie? Camera is there as video proof of any crime?

18. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    HBO's latest TV show ploy:

Taxicab Confessions: The Faces of Death Files

LOL, ok, maybe its not funny:)

19. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    LOL, no it was funny. :D

20. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Yeah, he's ok. He just needs to walk it off!

21. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Dave, thats truly sad...:(

My friend who was driving the S2000 in our wreck has no driving skills whatsoever. Putting him behind the wheel of any sportscar is inviting an accident.

When we took the turn it had just started to rain. We were going waaaay too fast and all of a sudden encountered snap oversteer. The worst part is that I could see it coming about 2 seconds before the oversteer and I yelled at him as loud as I could to ease off before the second part of the turn. Not fun, and not funny.

22. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Just hearing you talk about your wreck makes me go back to my wreck. One of the only times in my life that I was certain I was going to die. Thats all that kept going through my mind "this is it chris, this it, your goign to die, this is it." then BOOOOM hit the tree and got knocked out. just glad I spun around and hit backwards. other wise I would be dead. It was so scary just goign off the road as fast as I was going and spinning around and having no control of the car going off the hill alone and down intot he gulley was so violent it made me go all over the inside of the car. I still remember waking up and smelling the airbags and gasoline and just laying in my friends lap and he thought I was dead and I looked up and he was trying to get out of the car and I couldnt hear anyhting and I wa sso disoriented. I finnaly sat up and tried to start my car buck luckily for me it would start I didnt realize the whole back end had been twisted sideways. Fuel was leaking all over the place and it couldve blown up if it had started.

23. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Chris,

As soon as we stopped I yelled at him to turn the car off. He was so stunned that I had to grab the keys out of the ignition for him. Experiences like this really make you rethink all of the wreckless driving we have done in the past. I realize that there were plenty of other times I got off "lucky"