Ride in an Enzo | FerrariChat

Ride in an Enzo

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by ferraridriver, Nov 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm off to take a quick spin in my friend's new Enzo. He just picked it up this week.
    More later

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That's awesome...! Full details when you get back...!!! :)

3. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Check your PM about the drive on Sunday...

--Dan

4. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Well, it was an eye opening experience. My friend just took delivery yesterday, and already has 200 miles on it.
    The ride is not at all as harsh as one would expect for a car that has the grip this one has. The seats are very comfortable, much better than the F40. Visibility is better than the F40. The noise level is a bit high, but that's to be expected. The exhaust note is a bit unpleasant, not the same as the 12, or the V8. Under full throttle the sound gets a bit fuller, its hard to describe. The acceleration is what one would expect, awesome, able to pull cleanly from almost any gear.
    The cornering power is a level above any street car I have ever been in, and that includes the F40. Simply incredible.
    The brakes are unbelievable, the discs look as big as pizza pans.
    We were just sorting things out, and he has not come to fully understand all the features of the instrumentation just yet.
    This is a car that requires a bit of acclimatization to reach a comfort level, but once reached I expect it to be a very user friendly car to drive aggressively.
    For some strange reason that defies logic, they include an extra gas pedal! It's in the front compartment next to the tire inflator kit.
    He said I get to drive next time, once it gets broken in and we can stretch it's legs.
    I'm looking foreword to it.

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Nice write-up! Bring him on Sunday! :D

--Dan

6. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    That is awesome! Must've been quite a ride. It's an incredible machine.