Audi R8 driver lineup for Lemans | FerrariChat

Audi R8 driver lineup for Lemans

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by AnotherDunneDeal, Feb 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
  2. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    What has this to do with Ferrari ????????

3. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Vince,

Better question is "what does this have to do with racing"? I believe this is the "Racing" topic section isn't it?

Well, let's see here. If one looks into past racing experience, Allan McNish drove the 333SP of Risi Comp at the 24 Heures de Mans and is a well known and like race driver. He was also a former F1 pilot for Toyota during their development. Johnny is a former F1 pilot who raced against Ferraris.

I do not see a "Ferrari only" disclaimer in this topic section. You will notice that I did not enter it in the General Ferrari discussion area.

Now, if you will excuse me, I better things to do than explaining why I put in some interesting racing information in the "Racing" section.

s

4. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Vince308,

Just one quick question. Did you inquire to the originatiors of the threads about:
    How Fast Could
    I Like the Bahrain Track
    Bernie to stop producing F1 magazine
    Irvine Arrest Warrant Issued
    WRC 2004 Sweden Rally
    what these threads "have to do with Ferrari"?

Personally, I do not limit myself to all things Ferrari. I have had a lot of good times with Ferraris and spent a lot of seat time in them. I just happen to enjoy any type of Road Racing type competition as long as it is professionally run. I enjoy the other topics that others bring up and can certainly learn things I am unaware of by their insertions.

If you feel that the "Racing" section should only contain things that pertain to Ferrari, perhaps you can request that Rob post something to that regard and I will certainly adhere to it. Until then, "Racing" is racing..................

5. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
  6. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    No, Bentley is not going to enter this year. They say they proved what they set out to do. Since Audi and Bentley are both owned by VW, it was mostly Audi technology anyway.

7. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    sorry, I'm wrong, yes.

(i thought the site was calling Ferrari-chat)

8. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    There is a Ferrari link here.......

The team running the Audi R8 is Veloqx Motorsport. They have shelved their Maranello concessionare race name, shoved all the Ferraris' in the corner of their workshop, and taken up with Audi.

They've lost the passion, and gone for the bread and butter. Anyone could win with an Audi R8, to even finish an event like le-mans with a Ferrari is an achievement...........but Veloqx have done all that, so i guess it's up to them.

They've lost a fan here though.

9. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Guys, I work with Audi and am proud of their accomplishments, but like yourselves, have a passion for Ferrari. I love the 333SP but I know it is old technology and could not compete with the new stuff. I was involved with Risi Comp thru FoDallas for three years and would love to see one of my favorite cars back on the podium. I will cheer for FoW in the Maserati in Grand Am and for Risi Comp in the 360GTC at Le Mans and the ALMS series.

Do not mistake my passing along info on Audi as my losing my passion for Ferrari---far from it..............