CAPRISTO EXHAUST (on my 360) FOR SALE! | FerrariChat

CAPRISTO EXHAUST (on my 360) FOR SALE!

Discussion in '360/430' started by Jimmy540i, Feb 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
  2. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Why are you selling it?

3. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Too loud?
    Wrong Sound?

4. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    Does anyone know if this exhaust would fit the new Stradale, and if it does...does it work well with the car?

thxs..

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #5 BigTex, Feb 11, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
  7. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Interesting. Check out my post on me just getting a new Capristo! If his is in good shape, it's a bargain!

8. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

The Stradale comes pretty much tricked out as is. I wouldn't risk adding an exhaust and messing with a good thing, imo.

9. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    I actaully like the sound of the Capristo, it's louder than Tubi (especially during idle). Capristo acutally makes the car pulls harder at 7000+ RPM compare to Tubi. Capristo has a lag @ lower RPM which Tubi lacks. And Capristo has a slight bigger exhaust tips.

I admit Capristo does sounds A LOT better then you start your engine while leaving Starbucks with all eyes at you. Tubi is not as loud when starting the car and it sounds like "didn't-do-it-right" in 1/15 times. I don't know why Tubi is doing that.

The reason I'm switching to Tubi is because a buddy of mine who works at my Ferrari Dealer told me Tubi is the Ferrari official exhaust.

I like them both, I will make a post regarding to Capriso Vs. Tubi soon. They both have up and down side IMHO.

JIMMY
    www.Jimmy540i.com

10. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I'm still confused by your post. You like the Capristo better, but you're only switching to Tubi because it's the "official" exhaust?? What do you know that we don't? i.e., Is your buddy telling you the Capristo is somehow "bad" for your car, or violates its warranty? Thx - Tim

11. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    I asked him (Ferrari of Beverly Hills) and he says Capristo will not void warranty.

It's just since I already switch to Tubi, I decided to sell my Capristo on ebay and see what happens.

Oh by the way, Capristo runs a little hotter than Tubi. That's one of the reason I stay with Tubi since I do not want to "Challenge Grillize" my 360.

I do miss the sound of Capristo though

12. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Jimmy: Other posts have been worried about the heat of the Capristo also. Was your Capristo heat beginning to do damage to your engine bay, or was it just a concern at this point? Thx - Tim

13. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Wait, now I'm confused. I thought you bought your car from Andy Cohen of Beverly Hills Classic Cars. That's where the pic on your web page was taken, it looks like.

14. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

Tim, honestly, not really a problem. Consider from the scale 1~10 (10 being fried), here is my rating:

On a ideal 75 degree day (well, I'm in S. Cal) during an hour of driving:

Stock Exhaust - 5
    Tubi Exhaust - 6
    Capristo - 7

And, after some hard driving with the Capristo. I've looked at everywhere in the engine bay where the heat touches (including lights, harness, frame etc), everything looks fine.

Hope this helps.

JIMMY
    www.Jimmy540i.com

15. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

Yes, I got the car from Andy Cohen (I thank him very much for getting me a 360 with such an astounding interior). =)

Beverly Hills Ferrari is doing all the work on my car. And my buddy works there.

16. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    If I would have known you were doing this, I would have just traded you my Tubi for your Capristo. Damn. My Tubi is almost brand new (only had it on the car since September last year.

17. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    It's all good man, just off curiousity where you located?

18. whimike

whimike Karting

Jul 26, 2003
    Los Gatos, CA
    Jimmy,

Your Capristo is not the standard one, it is the LC Racing version. This version is much louder than the standard one, in fact I was told it was ridiculously loud. Can you comment on that at all?

-- Michael

19. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    My Capristo is very loud (much louder than Tubi & much much louder than stock during idle), but not ridiculously loud in my opinion.

My kind of ridiculously loud belongs to Fuchs, there's one at my Dealer today (on a Spider), man, it's not just ridiculously loud, but in a very messy-high pitch. Sounds like a messed up Civic. That's IMHO of corse.

To each his own. However, now having the Tubi, I do, I repeat, I DO missed the sound of my Tubi. But I will NEVER put that Fuchs thing on my 360.

Regards,
    JIMMY
    www.Jimmy540i.com

20. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Ah, got it.

21. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    By the way, I noticed you have Challenge Grill on your 355. I've never been a fan of a Challenge Grilled 360, however, I just looked at a picture of your car and I think Challeng Grill on a Silver 355 do look stunning. Nice Job!

22. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Canada! My cars get to sit in the garage from November to April! Wish I was in sunny So Cal or Florida.

23. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    In B.C.? I'm there all the time.

24. Jimmy post some pictures of the Premium Xenon highbeams on your 360. Nice color combo the upgraded wheels look great. Hope your capristo finds a happy home.

25. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Nope, Ontario!