Capristo Exhaust Just Installed! | FerrariChat

Capristo Exhaust Just Installed!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by TimF40, Feb 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #1 TimF40, Feb 11, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just recently got my 360 Modena back from FoS with a new Capristo exhaust installed! What a difference! These are some pictures and thoughts on the system:

I was looking for an alternative to the Tubi. The Tubi, for me, had too much of a booming in the cab around 3k rpm. Plus, although it was also louder than stock, the pitch was no more pleasing than stock, just different. Although, many people feel the pitch (sound quality) is much better than stock.

The Capristo is a small work of art. The workmanship is wonderful, and matches the rest of the car. I just thought it looked better than the Tubi.

The sound. Oh, the sound. The Capristo is made up of two joined canisters of different dimensions. This seems to create multiple harmonics, when combined, sound wonderful. From the back of the car, the sound is louder, higher pitched, and the sound quality is better. Some people akin the sound more like an F1 car (although still very far off - it's a little closer). Inside the car, the Capristo actually seems quieter than stock at low rpms. Outside, people say it's louder. It may have to do with the sound pitch being perceived louder or softer than normal. Need to get a db meter on all of these things to have some real data to discuss.

Gary B. (another fellow f-chat member) summed it up well in another post: Tubi comes in "roar", and Capristo comes in "shriek". You pick the exhaust based on this.

Is the Capristo a Tubi killer? Absolutely not. Is the Capristo a viable alternative to the Tubi? Absolutely yes. The answer depends on personal taste and on what you're looking for (loudness, sound quality, build quality, etc...).

My recommendation is only that you listen to both the Tubi and the Capristo before buying one or the other. Both are far superior to the stock exhaust.

I made the right choice, by far, for me.

The first two pictures are before (stock) and after (Capristo).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. udalmia

udalmia Guest

beautiful absolutely beautiful! cant wait to get mine in! sound files please!

3. udalmia

udalmia Guest

also, have you thought about removing the cats and getting silenced test pipes?

4. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Yea, so has my neighborhood! :-| Actually, I'd pay to have a cab controlled bypass on the cats. That sure would be worth something to me! Ha!

5. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Tim,

congrats! can't wait to hear it this weekend. love the carbon fiber on the tips, too.

6. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Where did you get the Capristo from? are the CF tips Capristo or another brand add-on?

7. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I got the exhaust from Ferrari of Seattle. The CF tips are a Capristo option - and worth it! - Tim

8. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    Nice, can I get a picture of the whole car w/ cf tips?

Hey I was at Ferrari of Seattle not too long ago, they have 100X ferrari stuff than the one in LA

9. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    Congrats

They have to be the coolest looking exhaust tips I've ever seen.

Love the carbon bits

Wazza

10. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    HHMMM !

I wonder if I can get those tips for my Stradale.
    I'm Happy with sound of the CS so I don't want to change the box just
    the last section.

My tips on the CS are getting a bit tarnished already
    and the Capristo tips would be an ideal solution.

These are the pieces i'm mean pictured below

Wazza

11. PianoGuy

PianoGuy Rookie

Feb 12, 2004
    Lake Tahoe, NV
    Full Name:
    John
    #12 PianoGuy, Feb 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. PianoGuy

PianoGuy Rookie