Buttonwillow - January 17/18th 2004 | FerrariChat

Buttonwillow - January 17/18th 2004

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Jet-X, Nov 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Next event:

Place – Buttonwillow Raceway Park

Date – January 17th & 18th

More info here… http://racerfactory.com/events/

Few guys from work are going to do it, looks like mostly imports going, but I'm taking the Ferrari. Anyone else want to join me?

2. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    I might be interested... I know Billy Bob will be ready to try out his car with new suspension, wheels, and exhaust! :) Keep us posted, Brian.

B.

3. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I'll keep reminding people, but I'm already signed up and committed. A few of us (guys at work with their Lexus IS300s and Audi's) are going.

4. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Ooohhh, I won't feel so out of place than. Let me think about it - I visited the site and it seems like a fun time!

Sunny

5. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Is the $300 fee for both days, or just one? Do you know which configuration they're going to run?

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Were you able to make it to the last one Hubert? If so, how was it?

7. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I can make that if the track stays dry

8. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Its a weekend! I might be able to make it!!

Hurray!

9. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I believe it's for both days since it didn't give an option for a specific day. And as for configuration, dunno, haven't been with this group before.

10. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Jerry,
    Hi. yah, i made it out. turned out to be a really nice day, and had a good time. first two sessions were a little slippery as the track was still green, but as the tarmac heated up ,and more rubber got laid, the grip came up and the car stuck.
    too bad you didn't make it out. maybe next time
    regards,
    hubert

11. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks Hubert - Sounds like fun - I would definitely benefit from a trip out there - I will do my best to make it one of these times!

12. Viper 10

Viper 10 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad Chang
    I haven't been here for a while, but I will say that Buttonwillow is one of the best technical tracks that you will ever get a chance to drive. There are very few walls to encounter (if you screw the pooch), and it demands some respect and smooth driving technique. Are you guys running clockwise or counterclockwise? Clockwise is the way the track was designed to run.

Make sure your brake fluid and pads are fresh, because this track is very hard on brakes and tires. I've run this track about 3 or 4 times in my Viper, and it is a blast (much better than Willow Springs). The guys with traction control (like Porsche & Audi) can really flex their muscles on this road course. The times I have gone out there were with Porsche Club folks, and they really know that track well. Keep your foot to the floor through bus stop and have fun.

Have fun out there and be safe.