Numbers in a fortune cookie | FerrariChat

Numbers in a fortune cookie

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by zsnnf, Feb 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Do you think anyone has ever won the lottery playing the numbers in the fortune cookie you get with Chinese food?

2. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    It probably has happened... Ironically enough I've gotten a fortune cookie with a lucky number as 13... Kinda weird.

3. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I like to read the fortune instead. Ive got about 18 or 20 fortunes sitting in a little comnpartment in my desk lamp that i have from ordering chinese food this school year. I susually get 2 cookies per order.
    Some of them make me think
    "Many a false step is made by standing still." Interesing, not really a fortune though.
    This one is an actualy fortune "A heavy burden is lifted with a phone message or letter." Didnt happen yet.
    "If you continually give, you will continually have." Ok, the chinese guy who wrote this one was smoking too much opium. If you give stuff away you dont have it anymo- ohh, its a metaphor or something.
    "your determination will bring you much success." It freakin better!

4. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    I keep my fortunes in my wallet. :)

On New Years Eve, my friends and I went to a Chinese place for dinner, and I was showing them the wallet. Lo and behold, when I took out my fortune and looked at it, I was like, "OH MY GOD. I'VE GOT THIS ONE BEFORE." They thought I was joking, but I actually found the exact same fortune in my wallet. I have doubles. ;)

Yes, I used to play the numbers on the back once in a blue moon back in high school. I never won.

5. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    The only luck ive had is reading it aloud to my date. Then playing that "between the sheets" line after the proverb!