Trailex Aluminum Trailer FS - DFW | FerrariChat

Trailex Aluminum Trailer FS - DFW

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Beldrueger, Feb 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Beldrueger

Beldrueger Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    I could not find the rules about posting for sale items. If this breaks the rules, please let me know.

I have a 2002 Trailex Aluminum Trailer for sale. This is a one car open trailer.

I searched long and hard to find the lightest and most well built open trailer, and this is it.

It is entirely Aluminum, so corrosion is not a concern. It weighs in at a scant 850 lbs, so towing is a breeze.

This trailer has never been on a long journey. It was used to tow my Lotus Exige to Motorsports Ranch 5 times (a 75 mile drive each way), so I can confidently say that it has less than 1000 miles on it. It looks brand new.

I ordered all the options including aluminum wheels, a spare wheel for the trailer, a spare wheel carrier that holds a full set of spare wheels + tires, and surge brakes.

Price new was $5879, so I'm looking to get about $4500 given its "as new" condition.

It is available for viewing in Frisco, so anyone interested just PM or e-mail me.

2. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Do you have the optional front shield?

How wide is the trailer? The stock width would be tight for many Ferraris... but Trailex does make custom wide widths to accommodate exotics.

3. Beldrueger

Beldrueger Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    Good catch Brian.

I went out and measured the width that the trailer could accomodate from tire edge to tire edge, and it is exactly 75".

A 360 is 75.7 inches wide, so it no luck there.

Anyone interested should note the maximum width of their car.