Ferrari for $14,200 | FerrariChat

Ferrari for $14,200

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by F355Fly, Feb 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355Fly

F355Fly Guest

Nov 26, 2003
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Asi
    I saw a 79 308 GTS selling for $14,200 today. The car was in pretty good condition considering the year. It was white with burgundy interior and had 39,000 miles. Had no service history but sounded good. Needed some paint and body work on the drivers door but nothing major at all. Paint was definately not original but as I said it looked to be in good condition. Was it a great deal or is that what the car is worth?

2. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Probably that's what the car is worth, and possibly less.

I'll bet the car has a lot of issues that you're not aware of.

For that kind of money, there has to be problems with the car, or else the person selling it is a fool.

3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Go have a PPI performed then let us know how great of a deal it really is.

4. F355Fly

F355Fly Guest

Nov 26, 2003
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Asi
    I didn't buy it nor did I have any intentions of buying it, I was just wondering if it was a good deal or not. I'm pretty sure it had issues and I feel for the person who bought it unless he has a buyer lined up. I just know that anyone buying a Ferrari would do a PPI and find out about the issues.

5. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    there was a similar white gts with the black " boxer" paint on the lower section of the car in the auto trader a few weeks back. ( SO CAL AREA, SAME CAR???) it was $12,500 or trade. miles and service history were unknown as they never would answer the phone. no disrespect to anyone but i would jump all over a car like that, and yes i would have a PPI AND a compression check to ensure the rings and heads ect are serviceable. several really great members here have been counciling me on getting my first ferrari. i have made the decision to look for a euro 308 gtb/gts the car is exempt from emissions tests here and i have a few other cars i can play with while the fcar is taken apart to fix ???? whatever it needs. i would prfer to get a car i can travel to quickly and check out for myself, hence i have not persued any cars that were really far away..... YET! if anyone knows of a car for sale please PM me. even if it needs a engine i can get one and take care of that too.i work on turbine aircraft, i am not afaid of any carb car!!!!!!