dave et all, what about ray segale??? | FerrariChat

dave et all, what about ray segale???

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by groovzilla, Feb 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. groovzilla

groovzilla Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    seattle, wa.
    Full Name:
    william
    dave...

i see everyone is very comfortable with alfa of tacoma..
    ....what about ray segale??...even though he is only in seattle every 3 weeks he seems to be one of the most competent ferrari mechanics around...

i plan on having him install the electronic ignition on my '79 308GTS..about $800 said and done...

i know his belt changes are about $1500 with lube/oil etc...

he has worked on my mercedes and porsches and i have always found he and dave austin to be the best guys i know..

hey what about this weather...

william ceriale

2. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson

William, Ray is one of the last "real" mechanics left. If you are on his short list of folks whose cars he'll actually work on and you can deal with the funky schedule you shouldn't even think twice. Dave is also a stand up guy... too bad he's down in Maple Valley now.

Besides, what other shop has life size cardboard cutouts of Alberto Tomba and blow-up Godzilla dolls lying around?

Tell him you know me and you'll only get charged double :)

kie

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Actually, I prefer the Bozo the Clown in the front window. :)
    Ray is a good guy, and really is a pro on the older Ferraris. Basically from a 308 on back. He apprenticed under Carlo Durante way back when Gran Prix Motors was in Leschi.

His schedule IS tough to work around, but the work is competent and professionally done. He did a number of services on my previous 308, and all of them were VERY well done.

Tell him you know me, and he will only charge you quadruple the normal rate. And ask him why I'm always buying HIM lunch! :) Oh, and tell him to go and buy a freakin' lift for damn sake! Can't believe he just uses jack stands.... :)

If you need to reach him, let me know, I have his number in Idaho around my desk here, somewhere.