550 WSR ! | FerrariChat

550 WSR !

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Doody, Nov 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i couldn't find the semi-recent thread on this topic (maybe it was on the old board) so i'll just start a new one. i've literally never run across one of these before (online or irl) and stumbled on this today - thought i'd share.

http://www.racecarnewmedia.com/mht/Detail.asp?VehicleID=11

doody.

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    and one other pic. a couple more on the site, fwiw.

doody.

3. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks Doody. After seeing the previous thread, I spent quite a bit of time looking for pics of the car, with no luck. I think the problem was that I was looking for "550 Limited Edition" because I think someone said that's what it was called. At least now I know what to search for.

4. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    Looks awesome. I like the NAV screen in front of the shifter

5. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    Joe V: yeah, me too. i was probably searching for something similar to what you were searching for. i actually stumbled on this searching for pictures of 250GT-style rear shelves. totally random.

Enzo: hey - that is neat! hadn't noticed it before.

doody.

6. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
  7. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I can't believe it. The link I gave was censored because the dealerships name is d.i.c.k. Ido not know if this will come out so please substitute the stars with the letters in brackets. THis is a legitimate name in England ...

(D)ee , A(I), (C), (K)ay

8. MPalilonis

MPalilonis Karting

Sep 30, 2003
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hey Doody,
    I was wondering if you could explain more about this special 550. I have never heard of it, maybe cause I am still learning, but was wondering what the differences are between a basic 550 and this 550 WSR. Is there any? Thanks for helping me learn!! :)

~Mike P.

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    LOL, opps, I guess that's the downside of a censor, I think I'll remove that word. Too many Dick's on here. :)

10. MPalilonis

MPalilonis Karting

Sep 30, 2003
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Doody,

Thanks for finding them. They were very interesting articles!! I wonder if any F-Chat memebers are a part of the P1 club they talked about. I wish I was one of the luck 250, its kind of hard to afford $20,000 being a college kid. :(

~Mike P.

11. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Speaking of too many dicks .. it reminds me of a short story in the UK FOC magazine where if I remeber correctly, a member took his car to a Fete. Soon enough a people gathered and were asking all sorts of questions. One guy said " I bet you attract a lot of babes with this car !" to which the response was " I don't know about babes but I sure attract a lot of guys" pointing at the all male crowd that had gathered :D

12. DJW

DJW Karting

Oct 19, 2001
    NJ
    FYI rollbar option on my euro:

13. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2003
    Groningen
    Full Name:
    Bob Hagendijk
    There are 33 cars made of this type, 10 RHD. they are all in the same color, titanium over red. They have a leather rollcage. Only have one s/n of those yet, 32 to go, anybody else?

14. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    DJW: Looks ROCKIN awesome.

--Dan

15. A.D.K.

A.D.K. Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Terre Haute, IN
    Full Name:
    Andy Klueber
    Someone asked in the original thread what mods where done to the 550 record?
    The ones I remeber from watching on Motorweek or some such when they did a little story on it.
    Where safety equipment roll hoop /cage, a racing styled fuel cell and re-fueling rig, and on board tyre pressure monitor's and tyre temp. sensor's.
    And that's it no other mods where done to the car. And unlike some so-called high performance cars when doing high speed run's. for the record's.
    The 550 ran without having any problem's like say springing a major water leak from the engine after making some high speed run's for Motor Trend and their top speed shootouts.
    Like a Viper and a Lambo (IRCR on the Lambo) in their test and being done for the rest of the testing.

Yours Humbly,

Andy K.

16. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Nice ride - What does WSR stand for?

I also keep seeing fwiw - What is that code for?

thanks

17. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    WSR = World Speed Record

FWIW = For What It's Worth

18. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA