Enzo GT | FerrariChat

Enzo GT

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Polouser, Nov 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Polouser

Polouser F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2003
    Hamburg
    Full Name:
    Tobi Gloe
    Hi I'm Tobi.
    I'm new here.

I really wanna know something about this awesome Enzo on the pic.
    Looks like an GT Version, is it????
    Do you have some more pics or info or something else..??

Tobi

2. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    That is supposed to be the test bed for the new Maserati GT, which is based on the Enzo chassis and mechanicals.

Ernesto

3. Polouser

Polouser F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2003
    Hamburg
    Full Name:
    Tobi Gloe
    IC... but I heared that Ferrari start a racing challenge with the "Enzo GT".. with the Murcie, Spyker, Zonda, S7...maybe.. ???

Tobi

4. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    FWIW

that was a rumor about what this picture represented. a number of folks, myself included, at this point, feel that that particular explanation is rather unlikely.

doody.

5. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    Why do you, and a number of folks, feel that it is unlikely?

Ernesto

6. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Wow guys i'm flattered believe it or not that is my project car. based on an 1985 fiero chasis with ferrari style in mind i cam up with this entire carbonfiber chasis. Car has dual motec system exhausts popular on the 98-2001 honda accord. By building it utilizing mostly accord/prelude performance parts i was able to keep the car under $58,000 TPC (total project cost). Car sounds like a dream and handles like its on rails. But i mainly did it for looks, ran 13.7 @103mph in the 1/4 mile. I am truely flattered you guys like my work though :)

7. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Hey... be nice to the piglude.

8. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i can't speak for others, but i'll speak for myself :).

i feel it is wildly unlikely because it would be a humungous brand disservice to blatantly repurpose something as brand-centric and brand-distinct as an enzo into a maserati. maybe (maybe) they could use a version of the enzo powerplant (maybe). but that pictured car is an enzo - no two ways about it.

creating a maserati that looks even vaguely similar to that picture will blur the brand lines and harm BOTH brands in the end. never mind that no modern maserati looks even vaguely like that.

if ferrari knows ONE THING they know how to maintain, broaden, and protect their brands. forget engineering. forget cars. forget racing. ferrar is one of (if not the) most recognized brands on planet earth. they understand and appreciate that and don't take lightly changes to that brand or anything that might tread on that brand (be that internal or external).

my two drachmas.

that picture is of some test mule for an Enzo GT or some wacky privateer with money to burn. for all we know, it's rasterbated.

doody.

9. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Could have been that they were just testing powerplant/drivetrain components, and used an enzo bodied racer to be the test mule. I agree with you, doody (about ferrari's brand prestige), but there's already a blurring of the lines b/w ferrari and maserati ; i.e., shared engine b/w the new/revised modena and the maserati coupe. Also, since they're all under ths same "parental" umbrella, it may well serve to revive the maserati brand name to participate in racing, and using the enzo platform presents the obvious discount of using an established platform, powerplant and drivetrain.

10. mr2speedracer

mr2speedracer Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    #10 mr2speedracer, Nov 12, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. mr2speedracer

mr2speedracer Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    #11 mr2speedracer, Nov 12, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. enzo100

enzo100 Karting

Sep 6, 2004
    That looks like the R/C car laylax body that I bought two weeks ago lol.

No seriously it does.

13. Nigel_641

Nigel_641 Karting

Apr 7, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    DB
    The car in question is a racing Enzo Prototype. It has a sequentual, manually operated gearbox as opposed to the paddleshift street version. One and so far only one was built. It was used for testing and was driven by Andrea Bertolini. I saw the car once in the Corse Clienti F1 Department. As far as I recall it was for sale as we discussed the potential value of a car without any race history. Don´t know what happened to the car since...

DB

P.S. Nce pix btw

14. wasibferrarinutter

Aug 13, 2004
    Hello there

To my knowledege i belive that this car was the maserati mc12 undergoing development a couple of months back. It looks like the enzo because the maserati is based on it and this was just a testing car. The maserati is now racing although not for points in the FIA GT.

15. Nigel_641

Nigel_641 Karting

Apr 7, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    DB
    This is only partly correct as there has definately been one prototype racing Enzo, which is identical to the one on the pictures. that car never has been or was later transformed into a MC12.
    The MC12 ist of course "inofficially" based on the Enzo, but the car in question is an Enzo to Le Mans spec without paddleshift gearbox...

DB

16. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
  17. Nigel_641

Nigel_641 Karting

Apr 7, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    DB
    As I said it was built as a single prototype. It was built by Ferrari Corse Clienti, has a Ferrari chassis, a Ferrari engine, Ferrari body, Ferrari decals and was already sold or will be as a Ferrari, so imo it is a Ferrari. I don´t know if it had any serial number, since I was never that much interested in a car that never had and never will race. I never said it was a prototype to develop a racing Enzo. It is a unique car used for testing...for the MC12. But it is a unique Enzo.
    As a matter of fact the pics and one post in the other thread mentioned state it correctly: The pics were taken inside the Corse Clienti F1 Department in Maranello / Fiorano. In Modena there is the Corse Clienti Ferrari Maserati headquarters, headed by Claudio Berro, where they probably built this car and where the MC12s are built. This means that all privateer racing activities from Ferrari (Fia GT etc.) and Maserati are one entity. So maybe this car is both...

I saw the Enzo GT (which I call it now, it was never officially designated this way) in the F1 Corse clienti dept. and the MC12 after a prize giving dinner in Modena, they are quite different cars.

Anyway, just tried to clear up a question, so keep having fun...

DB

18. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Now i am more confused than i was before.

19. Nigel_641

Nigel_641 Karting

Apr 7, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    DB
    No need to be, its a Ferrari. They used to test the Enzo engine in a modified 355. Does that make the 355 en Enzo? No. They tested the MC12 in this unique, on-off Enzo, does this make it a Maserati? No.

DB