308 factory wheel colour code wanted | FerrariChat

308 factory wheel colour code wanted

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by F308 MAN, Feb 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    "Gina" is currently enjoying a two week holiday in bradford.....upon her return she should be sporting a nice new interior.....next project is to return the wheels to their original colour.....does anyone have details of the original coating material and code or colour reference ?
    many thanks in anticipation....david

2. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    David,

Ferrari silver wheel paint has varied over the years, however as long as you are painting all four wheels there shouldn't be a problem, the Ferrari paint code is 101/C.

MW

3. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    i trust this is a main dealer supply situation ?
    many thanks, d

4. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    David,

Not completely sure about this, but any decent bodyshop should be able to mix it - try your nearest BMW repair shop.

If you need further help I will speak to our paintshop.

MW

5. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    great stuff, thank you very much......am i correct in assuming i should be having the wheels painted and lacquered as opposed to a polyester powder coat finish ?
    am i also correct in assuming the wheel material is magnesium and should therefore look to the paint shop for their experience/expertise regarding preparation and priming ?
    anybody have any horror stories ???
    regards, david

6. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    David,

Yes paint and lacquer finish is right, as I said any competent paint shop should be able to do the job. Depending on the condition of the wheels they may not require stipping back to the metal, they may just require "flatting out"

MW