Tubi or Mille Miglia Exhaust | FerrariChat

Tubi or Mille Miglia Exhaust

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by dm_n_stuff, Feb 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I'm doing a rebuild on my Dino 246GT. While the engine is out, I'm going to do stainless headers and exhaust.

Looking for preference here, or experience. I'm ok with Tubi, known quantity there, but does anyone have the Mille Miglia exhaust, and do you like/prefer it to Tubi.

thanks for the input.

Dave M.

2. gabriel

gabriel Formula 3

Nick has/sells them. I just exchanged mail with him, and he swears they are better than Tubi by far. I don't know anyone who has installed them, however. Give him a call.

http://www.nicksforzaferrari.com.

3. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    FYI, Stebro (www.stebro.net) now offers 10% discount to FCA members, and Nick's Forza offers 20% discount if you're an FCA member in Alabama and reference the ad at www.fca-se.org

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

RE: Mille Miglia

Talked to Nick this AM. Says they sound a little better, and they offer a money back guarantee on them if you don't like 'em.

Now that we've opened the can of worms, how about the STEBRO exhaust?

5. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    I've just ordered one for my 308QV, taking advantage of that discount. Except at the tips, it doesn't have the highly polished finish of a Tubi, but on a US model 308, nothing shows except the tips anyway. Other folks I've heard from here who have a Stebro or when I've done a search have all been happy with the sound and performance.

6. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    I installed the Stebro last week on my 308QV. In its default configuration, it has a nice, deep throated sound... similar to Tubi, but perhaps slightly deeper.

However, one of the nice things about the Stebro is that it has removeable tip inserts. Taking them out makes it LOUD and sounds like a racecar. I was at the new Barber Motorsports roadcourse track this weekend and ran with just the outer two removed... it gave me the additional exhaust flow, but let me run all day without getting a headache.

I'm VERY happy with the Stebro setup, especially since it's half the cost of the Tubi, and the only part of the exhaust that shows on my 308QV US model is the tips anyway.

By the way, FCA members now get a 10% discount from Stebro.

7. Dandy_Don

Dandy_Don Karting

Dec 8, 2003
    The Woodlands TX
    Full Name:
    Don McCormick
    Mike,

how much does the Stebro weigh? Significantly lighter than the stock muffler? I assume that you still have that rear exhaust valance installed on your car. If one did not have that installed would the Stebro look unfinished? Don

8. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I had one of the first prototype Mille Miglias on my 355 (my car was the MM ad car in Forza) They took it off and tweaked it several times before they got it right. When it was done, it was FAR better than the Tubi on that car.

DL

9. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    I didn't weigh it, but yes, *noticeably* lighter than the stock unit that came off the car.

I do still have the 308 "diaper"... if I didn't, I'd probably want the Tubi, since it's highly polished and the welds are all ground down. But of course, it's twice the price of the Stebro, too, and I've seen "aged" Tubi's on 308's that don't have the valence, and they look MUCH worse than what a new Stebro loooks like.

10. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Dave, where do you plan to get the headers (made?)