Which Tri-State Authorized Dealer To Choose | FerrariChat

Which Tri-State Authorized Dealer To Choose

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ghost, Feb 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Looked at the official Ferrarina.com website and they indicate that in the New York Tri-State area, the authorized F-Car dealers are (i) Miller Motorcars (Greenwich, CT), (ii) Wide World of Cars (Spring Valley, NY), and (iii) Ferrari of Long Island (Glen Cove, LI).

Which one have you/would you choose as your primary dealer, and why. Trying to figure out who I should set myself up when I get my baby. Specific info on hourly rates, overall maintenance costs, other such related stuff, would be very helpful.

Regards.

2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I like WWOC's service facilities better than Miller - they send a flat bed to pick up the car and they are just really nice there too. Don't know about FoLI

3. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    GHOST - How about using an independent? I've used an independent for about 3 years (service on my 308, bought a TR from them, and now service on my TR with them). Tried Miller back in 7/2000 for a basic check up on my (newly acquired at the time) 308. A week after spending $2200, I lost 1st and 2nd gear while driving the car. They took it back and fixed it n/c, but displayed a poor attitude for having to fix it.
    As for WWoC, I've only used them for an oil change. Jim Murphy (service manager at WWoC) is very nice and professional. All in all a pretty good experience with them.

4. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    RPM Racing in Huntington.

http://www.rpmracinginc.com

These guys have built track cars for me, serviced my wife's BMWs, and fixed lots of motorcycle issues for me. When I got my 355 they helped me tune her up and clean her up and they did it without that "Ferrari Premium" lots of places like to charge.

Oh, yeah, they have a factory trained Ferrari Tech (used to be at Ferrari of Long Island) on staff. Plus, they handle over-flow work for an un-named dealer in the area...

One time, long before I was a customer of theirs, one of their techs pulled a belt off of his own personal car's engine to "loan" me so I could finish my track day after I busted mine.

**HIGHLY RECOMMENDED**

5. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    These are all great suggestions about servicing, but are your question seems to be more geared towards sales. I would say that if you plan to keep buying Ferrari then pick the dealer that you like the best overall (for service, for sales, etc.) That way you can build a relationship with them. Unfortunately, Ferrari sales still rely on that kind of BS. But, if this isn't going to be a once every few years kind of thing, buy from the place that gives you the best deal and if you are buying new the shortest wait list.

6. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Hey Hutch

What independent do you use?

John

7. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    JAshburne - I use Autosport Designs in Huntington Station, L.I. Service is great!!!

WWW.AUTOSPORTDESIGNS.COM

(CLICK ON SALES, AND SCROLL DOWN. THE '82 308 WAS MINE!!)

8. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    If you are looking to buy from an authorized deaker then ferrari of long island it is. if you have service issues then the best and the most professional is Vinny at Autoelite in Fort lee.

9. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    WWOC IN NEW CITY, NY

JIM MURPHY, SERVICE MGR...GREAT GUY, GREAT SERVICE, FREE FLAT BED.

MY CHOICE FOR AN FNA DEALER..............

BRUCEY

10. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    WWOC in Spring Valley, NY. In my opinion, very honest, knowledgeable, and all around good people. Say "Hi" to Jim Murphy, Service Manager.

Tom

11. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I wouldn't mind using an independent for basic work (oil changes, lubes, tune ups, etc.), but do want to establish a rapport with an authorized dealer for the major service work, and generally be kept in the loop for Ferrari developments.

I posted a thread in the General Section (by mistake) on my understanding of the independent bodyshops in the Tri-State area based on searching the comments from existing users. Will repost here shortly (at the office, can't really type much).

Thanks.

12. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Tom Papadopoulos charged me $293 to reset my "Check Engine" light and *read* the fault codes from my 355. The car was not on a lift. No physical inspection was done. No time behind the wheel. He drove the car into the shop, plugged in the OBDII computer, said "You might need a new O2 sensor in the Spring", cleared the fault code and drove the car back out.

The best part is, while I was inside paying the bill, someone removed my "Ferrari of Dallas" license plate frame and affixed an "Autosport" frame.

So sad. So very sad.

13. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Ain't owning a Ferrari $grand (pun intended)! :)

14. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Good way to make and keep customers. I went into Autosport one time for a look see. Thought maybe I would use them for the 328 because they were so close to my home. (Old location) Man did I get attitude. One talk with them and I was like.....forget this ****. Anybody notice how may inde. there are in the Huntington area 1. Berlinetta up on Northern Blvd. ( I think its called Main St where he is) 2. European on NY ave. 3.RPM 4. Autosport and 5. Champion on Jericho tpke. a little bit west of Huntington. I have been using European for 9 years and nothing but good to say about them. Mike the owner has always treated me fairly. And never the attitude I have gotten at other places.

15. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

I would pick WWoC, due to the fact that they have a big enough staff of Ferrari techs. I think it's like 6-8 of them. Their shop is big enough and clean.

I like stopping by there from time to time and seeing what came in the door.
    Before Cavallino, they had an F40, F50, and a Pozzi Blue Enzo there.

Also, they are a sponsor of this site. 10% off major work too.