Veterans Life Insurance should I get it. | FerrariChat

Veterans Life Insurance should I get it.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 96impalaSS, Feb 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I keep getting things in the mail about it. And there offering me a $250,000 plan for something like $228 a year. Is there any better deal out there than this. Wondering if anyone had any input on this.

2. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy

Is there *ANY* reason why you should get it?

The only true reason to get it is if you have a wifey and kids that'll hit the sh!tter if you die. For example - you have a $750,000 house with a $6,000/month mortage, and an addition $3000/month in bills. Your wife doesn't work. You die. She looses the house and your kids end up toothless on the streets.

Other than that, you'd be wasting $228/year.

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Impala, Simplesworth is right on this one... Never buy life insurance through the mail... What state do you live in...? Mid West, right...? If you're really interested in life insurance, PM me... No one here in my office is licensed beyond NY or NJ, but i'm sure i could make a few calls and find someone you could trust a little more than a piece of paper in the mail...

4. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    save your cash. you're gonna need it to buy your way out of being bubba's beeyatch in prison ;)

sorry, i couldn't resist that one, dude :)

you almost certainly don't need insurance at this time in your life. any debts you might have right now will be nobody-special's problem once you're planted.

doody.

5. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks for the info guys.Thanks for the info guys. Ill probally take Doody's advice on this one and just wait awhile to get it.,

6. Slim

Slim Formula 3

Oct 11, 2001
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Full Name:
    richard
    I don't know how old you are but my mom died at 49 and my dad 58, both of cancer and my brothers and I certainly look at my dad's purchase of life insurance to have been a smart choice that is making things easier for me to take care of right now. So if you have any kids, why not buy some? And specify a beneficiary if you can so that it will pay them without having to go through probate. I have two kids and will be buying life insurance on myself soon.

7. 308GTSi

308GTSi Rookie

Feb 6, 2004
    Are you a veteran? Is this the VGLI (Veterans Group Life Insurance) or something just named "Veterans Life Insurance"?

8. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Im a actual Veteran its the VGLI

9. 308GTSi

308GTSi Rookie

Feb 6, 2004
    I have it & pay $16/month for $250K. It starts with the age you discharged from the srevice. The only bad thing is how the rates increase with age. They go up drasticly when you get to 40 I believe the age is & the older you get the more it is. I think a 60 YO man pays like $350 month.
    It is good for me right now. But when I get older I'm going to switch policies.

I'd be weary of cards you got in the mail. If you want to get it or are interested in it. Go to this site here http://www.insurance.va.gov/index.htm

It will tell you everything you need to know about it.

If you hav been seperated from the military for any legenth of time( normal discharge) you only have like 6 months from DOS to be eligable & up to 1 year for 100% disability( like myself)

10. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks.

11. 308GTSi

308GTSi Rookie

Feb 6, 2004
    Your welcome. I edited my above post because I forgot some importany info.

It's the last few lines in my reply.